Serrapeptose

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Serrapeptose

Postby Roselil » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:45 pm

Dear friends, Has anyone tried this herbal product before? I was just so utterly desperate of living with such unrelenting excruciating pain all over my body particularly this week, especially with sharp pain in shoulders, mainly the right, and painful neck, that I am about to try taking Serrapeptose. I had read that it had supposed to have lessened the pain of someone with Fibro, so am now trying it. I am usually highly sensitive to anything new, especially as I have M.E. severely too, with lots of add-ons, so will let you know how I get on. It is in capsule form, which I am unable to swallow, so am taking out the powder and drinking it in water. I just am unable to take any strong drugs, so feel I have nothing to lose. If anyone knows more about it, please let me know. Thank you. sincerely, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Re: Serrapeptose

Postby Roselil » Tue May 09, 2017 9:11 am

Dear friends, I am surprised I did not get a reply to my post about Serrapeptose. I am not sure if that is the correct spelling, so sorry, but I can definitely report that after taking this enzyme for 10 days, I am a good 50% better and easier on movement. Even after 3 days, there was some slight improvement, so I am hastening to tell you about it. No I am not selling it, and have nothing to do with this product. I had read that a lady said that her husband was in terrible pain with Fibro and after taking it, he could not believe the difference, so I am now confirming that it has definitely helped me. It is quite expensive though - it is only a month's supply and it was over £16. but some were even far more costly.

Hope it may help someone else. sincerely concerned, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Postby Roselil » Tue May 09, 2017 9:15 am

Sorry, I should have added that the capsule is a slow-release, but as I am unable to swallow any tablets or capsules, I took out the powder and for the first 3 days, I took it on an empty stomach, as advised, all at once, then a friend suggested that I only take one-third early in the morning and twice more during the day, again on an empty stomach. So this has worked for me. I am now leaving it off for a few days, to see what happens, but if the pain and stiffness returns, then I will take it all. sincerely, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue May 09, 2017 9:32 am

Hi Roselil

I have popped this over to the treatments board in hope you get some answers.

I have not heard of this herbal product before but am happy to hear it works for you :-D this may help others if there looking into alternative medicanes.

I hope the improvement continues :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 10, 2017 12:12 pm

I haven't heard of it either xx It's interesting to read how you have improved during the time between your posts and I hope it continues for you xx Hopefully you will keep popping an occasional update on here, be it a good one or a not so good one, as it could be of help to others wanting to try it xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Roselil » Wed May 10, 2017 6:30 pm

Dear friends, It was good to have some response. Hope it might possibly work for others, we get so desperate. Have been listen to a Fibro Doctor on Facebook today, Dr. Rodger H.Murphree, who has written Books to help people with Fibro. He does seem so genuine and has even replied to an email I sent.
He does not do drugs, but natural herbs and vitamins. His book is called "Treating and beating Fibromyalgia" and he has written other books too.

I am getting more pain today, having left off the Serrapeptose for 3 days, so will now consider taking it again. Most certainly, I am moving much better than I was a week ago though.

My eyes are particularly bad with Bletharitis infection, no cure, but desperate to get just some relief.

The Fibro Dr. said it is a multi-faceted disease, caused mainly by stress. I have had plenty of that in my lifetime too.

Hope to report some more later. sincerely, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Postby Roselil » Mon May 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Dear friends, Just want to bring you up to date. I left off the Serrapeptose for a week, and got more pain and more limitations in movement, and started to take it again 3 days ago. I can report that I have less pain and am definitely moving much better. My daughter is visiting us just now from France and said she noticed the difference. As I am unable to swallow the capsule, which is slow-release, I am taking if off a spoon in 3 goes during the day before food.

Hope maybe some of you may try it. I am not selling it at all. All I can say is that there is a definite improvement, as I am now able to get into the car-seat whereas I could not lift my legs before.

sincerely, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Postby Roselil » Wed May 24, 2017 6:34 pm

Dear friends, Just to give you all an update, after trying Serrapeptose. Definitely, this enzyme has eased the fibro pain, and I have benefitted from it, but after reading that it can cause thinning of the blood, and remembering past medical difficulties which I have had due to my thin blood, though some years ago now, I thought I had better leave it off for a while. The result has been more pain, and more pain especially on any car rides, but still not as severe as it was before.

I have a question to ask? My daughter has been taking 5HTP - Seratonin - and she had been very depressed of late working so many hours a day and much mental stress in teaching, so thought she would try it. She does have R.A. but lives and works in warmer countries, and she has improved in her brain power and her sleep and just generally her mood has been good. She is asking me to try it. Has anyone on here taken 5HTP and, if so, with what results?

Kind regards, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue May 30, 2017 11:34 am

Hi,

I have heard it helps. There is a search bar on forum up top to see any members reviews. Dont forget to speak with your GP or pharmacist before trying anything new. Sorry short n sharp answer am upside down flat out tryin to type :crazy:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Roselil » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:47 pm

Dear friends, Just thought I would pop in, to say that all told, I took Serrapeptose for about 10 days, then left it off, as a bit concerned about thinning of the blood, as my blood did not clot well in the past at all. But I can honestly say that my severe pain of fibro has been greatly reduced and I am even moving about so very much better, though I am disabled. I now have it on hand to take again when my fibro pain becomes unbearable. Because I also have severe M.E. I lose my voice quite regularly, which is a great stress altogether, as it means I just cannot communicate, and when I do strain to make sound to perhaps try and say a few words, I get very breathless. So it is no use anyone saying to me "go to your doctor" etc. I believe I have suffered ill-health virtually all my life, due to a contaminated polio vaccine I took as a schoolgirl which, I later discovered, was contaminated.
If anyone takes Serrapeptose, please make sure you are not on any blood-thinning drug, and do not take aspirin with it either. Other than that, I can definitely recommend it as a relief for the dreadful fibro pain generally. Quite amazing really, that I even got some relief after only taking it for 3 days.
Sincerely, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Postby Cheekymoo » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:24 am

I have spent a tidy fortune on non-pharm supplements and am loathe to say that none of them has helped. I, too, tried Serrapeptase for around 6 months, and like all other supplements, it was not cheap. Had I seen any positive changes I would certainly have stayed on them but I found them to be of no help at all. The only supplement I did try that I saw results for other aspects of health, i.e. infections, was OREGONAL OIL Again, this was not cheap but I did find that I was less prone to getting coughs and colds. They have found this oil to be very effective in treating M.R.S.A. so it is extremely strong and care should be taken when using it. It is important to find the oil with at least 86 carvacrol.
Cheekymoo
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication