Anyone been on Etoricoxib (Arcoxia)

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone been on Etoricoxib (Arcoxia)

Postby Harper27 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:50 pm

Hi has anyone been prescribed Etoricoxib? My gp recently prescribed this but they're not really seeming to help the pain at all. I'm on a 60mg pill once a day for about a week now but I'm still having to take lots of paracetamol a day as it's not really doing much. Has anyone else been on this med and has it worked for them? Also does anyone know if it's stronger than other NSAIDs like Naproxen? I find that NSAIDS don't really have much effect on me. Any help would be wonderful thanks
Harper27
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone been on Etoricoxib (Arcoxia)

Postby perseus » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:08 am

Etoricoxib is an anti-inflammatory painkiller. Since pure or primary FM is supposed to be non-inflammatory, it's not suprising you don't feel any better assuming you have FM. Does your GP think you have something other than FM?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby Harper27 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:07 pm

I told him that about fibromyalgia but he said he just wanted to "try all options". All they've done is give me heartburn. I'm also on Sertraline which he said I should also give time to kick in but it's not really helping much pain wise either and it felt like he wasn't really listening to me or what I was saying. I have been assessed and other things like arthritis and neurological conditions have been ruled out so I'm getting a rhematology referall but haven't been officially diagnosed with it yet so idk maybe he's waiting to see?
Harper27
UKFM Member

Postby Harper27 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Oopsie sorry forgot to mention this isn't my account, it's my lovely fibro friends lol I ask her this question and she didn't know so she said I could ask it on here
Harper27
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:12 pm

Harper27 wrote:Oopsie sorry forgot to mention this isn't my account, it's my lovely fibro friends lol I ask her this question and she didn't know so she said I could ask it on here

Thats no problem :-D but you can also register yourself if you wish :-D

Yea I was prescribed the anti-inflamms and now on Naproxen but this is for my inflammation as I have other back related conditions. They do act as a pain killer also but targets that of inflammation really so probably why there not helping.

Sertraline I have for anxiety. This is an anti-depressent which can also be used to kill nerve pain and relax muscles although not a first choice in meds for many doctors. Its normaly Duloxetine.

Does sound like he has minimum knowledge. I would ask to be refered to a pain clinic and get the apropriate medications, treatments and therapies there.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Harper27 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:30 pm

It was just a bit annoying as I have tried several anti inflammatory painkillers like ibuprofen and naproxen but they haven't worked for me, and paracetamol doesn't do all that much either, but he moved me onto another anti inflammatory because he said he wanted to try all options and not move me onto weak opiates as they can cause dependence and addiction so he basically said tough luck try these and go away. It's all very frustrating sometimes :cry:
Harper27
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:24 pm

Is there a different GP you could see at your practice??? Maybe ask if other patients with similar problems see a particular GP for their appts. Sometimes a different look at things can be what is needed xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Harper27 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:02 am

I am actually changing gps as it's impossible to get an appointment and to be honest none of them are really that good unless it's an uncomplicated problem like an infection or skin condition xx
Harper27
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication