Advice? In pain.

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Advice? In pain.

Postby Harper27 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:07 pm

I have suspected fibromyalgia and my rheumatology is taking a while to come through. So far I've only been given Naproxen even though I told the doctor that they aren't working and are giving me stomach problems. I'm also taking OTC Cocodamol, but not really helping. I have been on naproxen before but they didn't help, so was put on Etoricoxib which again didn't help and made me sick. He out me back on naproxen and I said they didn't work before but he said "well I want you to try it again anyway". I have particularly bad back pain just now and I don't know what to do. He's not listening to me that naproxen and other anti inflammatories don't work and hurt my stomach. Any advice? I would really appreciate it
Harper27
UKFM Member

Re: Advice? In pain.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:25 pm

I've moved you over to this board with you asking about meds. It's difficult to say what may or may not be of help as we can all react/respond so very differently to different ones. If the GP you have been seeing isn't seeming to be particularly helpful, then see if there is another one you could see. Askif the surgery has other patients with FM and/or other similar conditions, and if there are, see if there is a particular GP they tend to see. Have a looky and a read across the boards as well, lots of info and advice that you could look into to see if there might be something suitable xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Harper27 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Will give that a try thank you. Gorgeous doggy btw x
Harper27
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Thank you xx She's my furbaby xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jeyo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:44 am

Hi Harold 27, if you are on Naproxen you should be taking Omeprazole.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Jeyo
UKFM Member

Postby Jeyo » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:44 am

*sorry Harper not Harold

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Jeyo
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication