Fibro headaches treatments, any tips?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro headaches treatments, any tips?

Postby Jessiechest » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:38 pm

Hey everyone. I'm 23 years old and was diagnosed with fibro 7 years ago. Recently my symptoms have been getting worse, especially the headaches! When I was first diagnosed I tried taking amytriptaline, naproxen and then gabapentin with little success. After that I decided to try and self medicate instead but it's now proving impossible to make it through a day without awful headaches. Has anyone tried anything else with any success?!
Jessiechest
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibro headaches treatments, any tips?

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:42 pm

When I get headaches I have physio. I have many trigger points around the neck & jaw that cause my fibro headaches. Its the stiffness & tension.

Apart from that I find anti inflammitories help my headaches. I go for these rather then paracetamol or codeine which are effective a bit for me not as much as the Naproxen.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Fibro headaches treatments, any tips?

Postby Laladog » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:58 am

I usually try those migraine strips that you can get at the chemist. Also putting a little cayenne pepper on the inside of the nostrils with some warm water helps a bit. If that fails then I take some paracetamol. If that fails then I add some ibuprofen, and if that fails I add tramadol. Almonds are also supposed to be good for pain.
Laladog
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication