Duloxetine

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Duloxetine

Postby Mk1divemaster » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi all not been on for a while been struggling with meds etc!!
I was on sertraline and small dose of ami to help me sleep, but after 18 months dr reckons sertraline not working and making things worse! I do agree with him though.
He said as I've tried all the ssri's without any positive efficacy that the only drug left in his bag of tricks is Duloxetine.
I've read good reviews and bad about this drug but I've got my fingers crossed that it will help me!
He told me to start straight away no need to taper off the sertraline so I'm into my third day no effects as yet.
He also told me to continue with the ami as it helps me sleep.
My question is - is there anyone out there in forum who have had good results from Duloxetine ? I would appreciate positive comments on the drug , thanks all xxxx
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Re: Duloxetine

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Not had Duloxetine yet, but I'm in a similar position to you. Did your GP explain what sort of med Duloxetine is??? From my reading about it, it is actually an anti~d {can't remember the type,will come back and add that} and like all anti~ds needs that time to get into your system and take effect, even when you have another anti~d in the mix. It's due to the new one needing to build up it's level, plus you will have the sertraline level decreasing as well xx

If you use the Search function there should be some references to Duloxetine. I do recall some folks finding it a useful addition to their cocktails xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mk1divemaster » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Thanks Fluffy puppy!,
It's an SNRI and dr reckons it's good for nerve pain and
Anxiety and depression , I suppose it's worth a go !
Are you planning to try it? Pm if you want feedback on how it is swapping over
Xx
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Postby perseus » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:04 pm

Yes I've had good results from Duloxetine, I'm not sure if it still does any good. I'm frightened to come off it after more than a decade!
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby dotty lotty » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 am

Taking duloxetine for a good while now with effect. It was the only medication that gave me any relief. Makes symptoms manageable. My pain clinic was advising not to take it along with ami but cannot remember the reason. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Mk1divemaster » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Thanks for replies ! I'll keep you informed :-D
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication