Nefopam?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nefopam?

Postby SchroedingersCat » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Any tried Nefopam for pain relief?

Results? Side effects?

About to give it a try for occasional use to supplement my ibuprofen/paracetamol on very bad days when I still need to function.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has used or is using it. Ta.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Re: Nefopam?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:23 pm

It's part of my daily cocktail xx It surprisingly has added a bit of extra oomph where the hurtys are concerned, but it's best effect is on my migraines. Since they have been in my cocktail they have reduced in number greatly!!! From having them daily, I've gone to one every week or ten days. The intensity seems to have eased slightly as well.

I've been on then for 2~3 years, no side effects or problems with them and they are still effective as I can tell when I've missed a dose as the pain levels start turning themselves up xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby SchroedingersCat » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:26 pm

Thanks Fluppy.

I've had a few goes with them so far, but the first time I had trouble sleeping, and the second time I was so sick and dizzy I had to lie down. I've had another couple of goes, just taking one tablet, and they definitely reduce pain, but I'm not sure they're something I can take to the full dose.

I should say the only other meds I take are Ibuprofen and paracetamol, which I cycle on really bad days when I still have to function (fortunately rare). I was hoping to swap the Nefopam for the paracetamol, but the jury is till out....

Anybody else take them?
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby Annetted » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:25 am

Hi

I’ve just started taking them on Monday, up to now I can’t see a change in my pain levels but I can say I too have had issues with sleeping too! I’m on 1 tablet 3 times a day for 28 days with a review to see if they need increasing at that time. I take sertraline, I’ve tried tramadol (severe reaction) and I don’t like the side effects of codeine.

I’m averaging around 3 hours a night although I’m absolutely exhausted all of the time, and my dreams have been technicolour!!

Hope you’re able to find your happy medium xx
Annetted
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:28 pm

I hope things have started to ease a little for you Annetted xx It can be difficult to find what meds are helpful as sensitivities to them is something a lot of us share, so what may help one of us may be of no help to another xx

Nefopam is still in my cocktail xx It mostly seems to help with my migraines which, up until it was added into the mix, I was having on almost a daily basis xx Now they tend to appear on a 2 to 3 week basis, which whilst this wouldn't be ideal for most folks, to me it's probably as close to ideal as I'm likely to get, so I make the most of it whenever I can xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Treatments & Medication