LDN (low dose naltrexone)

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

LDN (low dose naltrexone)

Postby janetbooboo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:34 pm

Hi, I have an appointment with my dr in a couple of weeks, and wanted to go armed with some suggestions for meds, as mine just don't seem to be helping. I haven't been to the drs about meds for quite a while, but have been getting progressively worse. I have read a few things about a drug called LDN low dose naltrexone, but I was wondering if anyone has or is taking it, and what your experiences have been with this particular drug. Also I cannot take co codamol as it makes me itch like crazy. Someone mentioned they took co dydramol and I also wondered how people found this drug. Also the cannabis patch, is this widespread available on prescription? Any other suggestions would be very welcome. At the moment I take Amitriptyline, venlafaxine, omeprazole, citirizine, and from the health shop I take hempseed oil.
I'm getting desperate for a little respite. Thanks in advance. Jan. :scream-1:
janetbooboo
UKFM Member

Re: LDN (low dose naltrexone)

Postby perseus » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:15 pm

Hi Janet

Two drugs which might be worth discussing with your GP are cymbalta (Duloxetine) and pregabalin (Lyrica). I think they still have to be prescribed by a consultant though. Be aware of the side effects and withdrawal symptoms if you need to come off them, particularly Lyrica in my experience.

https://www.drugs.com/cymbalta.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregabalin
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Re: LDN (low dose naltrexone)

Postby janetbooboo » Thu May 10, 2018 12:42 pm

thank you for your reply. I have tried pregabalin, and it didn't help. I haven't tried Cymbalta. Thanks.
janetbooboo
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication