legal cannabis in the UK

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

legal cannabis in the UK

Postby leasloubg » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:45 am

hi, my wife and I are new to the group. my wife was diagnosed with FM in 97 and since then has been prescribed all the normal FM medications. she has been through the usual high dose amitriptyline, codine, paracetamol, diclofenac etc. over the years they moved her up to gabapentin, then onto tramadol and then to top that was also prescribed the highest dose fentanyl patch at the same time, which caused her to be overdosing on opiate making her very ill. "just stop taking the tramadol" they said, so she did. this then gave her withdrawl symptoms for the next 5 days. at present she is now on pregabalin and a very high dose of morphine sulphate daily. over the years I have felt so helpless and had to watch her in so much pain that i dont know what has kept her sane. since the home secretary has had a change of heart regarding the use of medical cannabis i am going to approach the GP this afternoon to see if it available for FM sufferers. has anyone else had this thought, or obtained it. I know the subject of cannabis has been mooted about several FM forums, but i wanted to go down the legal track..... any thoughts?
Last edited by leasloubg on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
leasloubg
UKFM Newbie

Re: legal cannabis (OIL) in the UK

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:30 am

Hi,

It’s legal cannibis oil which contains only the CBD and not the THC. More information here ( for others interested)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44534861

At the moment you can buy this oil in health food shops and internet sites but the government now want to put this on prescription.

The link has all the information.

Many fibros I know of have or are using CBD oil in the form of medipens, pipette bottles, patches, gum, creams even gummy bears!
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: legal cannabis (OIL) in the UK

Postby leasloubg » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:46 am

here is an update. having now approached my GPs surgery. i have been told that as and when cannabis based medications become available in the "autumn" they will be happy to prescribe. so lets see where that goes
leasloubg
UKFM Newbie

Re: legal cannabis in the UK

Postby Buzzer7 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Cannabis medication can be very resultative. I've heard about northern lights helping people with FM.
Buzzer7
UKFM Newbie

Re: legal cannabis in the UK

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:12 pm

Sorry buzzer I have had to remove your link due to forum rules. Northern lights is illegal in the UK therefore I’m unable to keep the link on the forum or even have a discussion on it.

CBD as you may know is legal therefore we can discuss and put up links.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Treatments & Medication