Massage cushions...

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Massage cushions...

Postby annemarief » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:15 pm

Had a go on a Shiatsu massage cushion in a gadget shop, and I have fallen in love with the idea of purchasing one.

After seeing yet another locum Dr who decided my constant headache and nausea was a result of a neck injury and grabbed my neck leaving me an pain and proving his point... His treatment recommendations were exercise, hot baths and massage. I have since looked into tens machines, acupuncture, which I'd had before on the NHS but this time privately it could cost me hundreds, where as my dad highly recommends chiropractors but I'm really scared, and again they cost.

So a massage chair cushion; been looking on the internet and figure it'll save me money if it eases the problem.

Does anyone have any experiences with these?
Anne-Marie
annemarief
UKFM Member

Postby Zinc Oxide » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:32 pm

Yes I have a massage cushion, its got two vibrating pads, one in the top, one at the bottom and two heating pads at the bottom. A hand control allows you to select any combination of these three at different levels.

Its powered from either a 12V mains power supply or a car lighter socket. It can make a bit of a racket, but just turn the TV up :)

As I get a lot of muscle tension as well a aching in my back I find it a very useful gadget.
I don't like pain because it hurts.

I wish I was tough as my cat, she removed her own stiches and never complains of hurts or pains.
Zinc Oxide
UKFM Member

Re: Massage cushions...

Postby RyanBrandon » Fri May 12, 2017 11:43 am

Sometimes you don’t need the complete chair and just want a massage cushion that you can throw down on any sitting area and enjoy some relaxing, rejuvenating therapy while reading your favorite book or watching a television show. Either way, massage cushions are very convenient and easily stored when not in use. This is especially nice when you don’t have the room to accommodate one of those larger, bulkier chairs. Massage cushions are a nice way to wind down at the end of the day, plus offer a wide variety of features.
I have Homedics Air Compression and Shiatsu Massage Cushion . It is one of the best cushion on the market . This particular massage cushionoffers a deep, tissue kneading Shiatsu massage to work out those kinks and provide relief to sore and tired muscles located in your back and shoulders. The rollers travel up and down your back and can be programmed to target 3 zones individually; the whole back, lower back or lumbar area, and upper back. Furthermore, this cushion also offers air compression that gently squeezes the lumbar region.
RyanBrandon
UKFM Newbie

Re: Massage cushions...

Postby Eian Mcneely » Mon May 15, 2017 2:23 pm

I have bad experience with the massager, it doesn’t really help much with the pain. Comes with a price tag and in my perspective is a marketing gimmick or maybe i picked the wrong device
Eian Mcneely
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication