modafinil (wonder drug)

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: modafinil (wonder drug)

Postby HARRISON4555 » Sat May 27, 2017 9:02 am

I really suffer from ADHD and it would be great to know if this remedy Generic Modalert (Modafinil 200mg) is workable effectively for ADHD.
HARRISON4555
UKFM Newbie

Re: modafinil (wonder drug)

Postby perseus » Sat May 27, 2017 12:05 pm

I recall asking my GP for this drug, since as well as FM my attention span and memory are appalling. He refused but asked my Rheumotologist consultant, but he didn't have experience of it either. My GP suggested I contact a Harley St Consultant I once saw for FM who prescribed some off license treatments, but I have to weigh up the cost and potential likelihood of any benefit.

The problem is that it's not licenced for Fibromyalgia, so if you did have side serious effects they could get into trouble. Usually these off license drugs are reserved for those who have experience in prescribing it which few GPs have.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication