Britain 'going backwards' on rights of disabled, says U.N

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Britain 'going backwards' on rights of disabled, says U.N

Postby perseus » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:19 pm

From Thomson Reuters

The U.N. committee’s chairwoman Theresia Degener has described the situation in Britain as a “human catastrophe”.

“The austerity measures that they have taken – they are affecting half a million people, each disabled person is losing between 2,000 and 3,000 pounds per year, people are pushed into work situations without being recognised as vulnerable, and the evidence that we had in front of us was just overwhelming,” she said.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-brita ... KKCN1BB2AU
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Re: Britain 'going backwards' on rights of disabled, says U.

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:54 pm

Lots of budget cuts!...

My friend is experiencing alot of problems with recent cuts like, unable to get hospital transport because she has a disability car even tho shes unfit to drive ATM.

Apparently if you own a disability car you are not eligable for transport whether your fit to drive or not. She cannot drive ATM due to various problems which she needs to go to the hospital for but is not allowed hospital transport. Been told to find someone to drive her car for her or pay for taxi.

Then alot of social services carers has been cut/stripped back. People getting less care.

Alot of surgical / treatment proceedures have been cut right back including things like the number of pain injections, mental health therapies and so forth.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Politics & Lobbying