Hardest Hit Marches across the UK October

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hardest Hit Marches across the UK October

Postby LuRoll » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:46 pm

I've been away from the forums for a while now, so I thought I'd bring something with me when I came back.

http://www.hardesthit.org.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/thehardesthit?sk=wall

How fantastic would it be to get the UK Fibromyalgia name up there as supporters? It would be great to see Fibro be more represented.

You can see where the October marches will be across the UK on their website. I live in York, so my closest one is Leeds. I'm going to try and get to it and I still haven't been granted DLA! I'm applying again, sending my form off today in fact and even if they reject me again. I'm still going to try and help this cause because of all of you guys who need it and my friends who need it.

Try and talk a friend into coming! a family member, your other half, a small dog! whatever, lets just represent Fibro :twodrinking2:

What might be nice, is for the people going to each cities specific march to possibly post in here, or in a city specific thread? and post a mugshot, so we can find you if we are in the same march!
LuRoll
UKFM Member

Re: Hardest Hit Marches across the UK October

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:56 am

Brilliant, are these going to happen again?

We had one last May but the press barely reported it, none of the major Papers mentioned it (except for the Guardian, dunno about the Times as their website charges now, but I know the Indy, Telegraph, Daily Fail etc didn't mention it).

Thousands of disabled people marched but no-one smashed a window, assaulted a police officer or stole something so no-one mentioned it. The BBC did do a small lunchtime piece about it but by the time people were back home for the 6pm and 10pm news it wasn't mentioned.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to Politics & Lobbying