#SpartacusReport

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

#SpartacusReport

Postby Claire Spong » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi All
Lots of other charities for the disabled (Scope, The National Autistic Society, Parkinsons UK to name a few) are proclaiming their support for the Spartacus Report on Twitter and Facebook. The Spartacus report was commissioned, compiled and paid for by Disabled people to investigate the cover-up by the government of what is really thought of about the switch from DLA to PIP and how much opposition there is to it. Many famous people are also backing it.

WHY ARE PEOPLE WITH FIBROMYALGIA YET AGAIN NOT REPRESENTED? Why have UK Fibromyalgia not proclaimed their support or put links to the report on their main page? People with Fibro are the sort of people who will miss out with this change as they will be stopping lower rates of DLA and they will be making it a lot harder for those with variable conditions to get PIP due to various changes in the way it will be assessed and time limits etc. We deserve better, please show your support on twitter and facebook.

From Sue Marsh (See Diary of a benefit scrounger for links to report and press release as I am nunable to post links here):
I Support the Spartacus Report
So today, after months of work and planning we launch our Report

We did everything possible to engage with politicians, lobbying MPs and Peers, writing articles, attending conferences, but at every turn we were brushed aside.

Despite serious concerns from campaigners, charities and disabled people themselves, the Government's the recent Impact Assessment (October 2011) into the proposed reform of Disability Living Allowance is almost identical to the original. Nothing has changed, almost none of our concerns have been addressed and as the House of Lords return to vote on the final stages of the welfare reform bill, we felt that it was vital we presented our own evidence.

This is the Spartacus Report. We all own it, we all created it. It is yours, use it in any way you wish. Please join in the campaign online today if you aren't already signed up:

Tweeting using the hashtag #spartacusreport "I support the #spartacus report"
Change Facebook status to "I support the Spartacus Report"
Email your MP with the links to the report and the press release using this short covering letter :

“This report into Disability Allowance Reform has been written, researched and funded by disabled people. As one of your constituents, I am very concerned by its findings and the misrepresentation of disabled people that it exposes.
Please will you read the report and support sick and disabled people in calling for a pause to Personal Independence Payments in light of this new research.
I look forward to your response,”

Finally, please keep checking the blog all day as we will be updating regularly with very exciting updates ;)

Our report shows that :

-The Government broke its own code of consultation over the DLA reform
-The Government has entirely misrepresented the views submitted as part of the consultation, giving a partial and biased view.
-The Government claim that DLA must be reformed as claims has risen 30% in 8 years - we find that these statistics are entirely misleading and give a "distorted view"
-There is overwhelming opposition to the new benefit, Personal Independence Payments
-Some elements of PIP appear to already be going ahead, despite a rejection of the plans and before legislation has passed.
-The Government are repeatedly warned that proposals for PIP may break International and UK equality and Human Rights legislation

This is our chance to be heard. This is our chance to put evidence in the public domain from our own perspective. Today, a courier will take 31 boxes or reports, all hand stuffed into envelopes and addressed and deliver them to every peer and every MP and all of the people who responded to the consultation.

We did it. I had no idea if we could when we started, but we did it.

From today, Government may of course continue to ignore us. But they can never say they didn't know what they were doing.
Dx March 2011
Read my blog about how I'm coping with finding out I have Fibro on: http://fibronewbie.blogspot.com/
Claire Spong
UKFM Member

Re: #SpartacusReport

Postby Ldyalb » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:22 pm

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12049

More info above on Spartacus. It's still not made the news - people need to get it out there, make it known!
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Claire send it to Martin and see if he will include it on the online version of the mag, he may have plans already of course but its always worth checking
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby MCT » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:36 am

I have been involved in the #spartacusreport Twitter and email campaign for the last few days but more help would be appreciated to email MPs, Members of the House of Lords and the media to draw attention to the Responsible Reform (Spartacus) Report.

If anyone has a Twitter account just use the hash tag #spartacusreport and join in!
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby Smokey » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi All

I know I am new to this site so hi to everyone.

I just wanted to raise awareness of the blog of Sue Marsh, Diary of a benefit scrounger. Please copy and paste the link below and have a read of her blog. She and other Spartici have loads of support from various people and agencies. Twitter is very active as has already been said.
Today we are being urged to contact our MPs to ask them to not vote in favour of overturning the amendments made in the House of Lords regarding welfare reform.
Please read as much as you can so you know fully the implications of this. Sue and others have worked tirelessly preparing the spartacus report and I urge you all to read it. This is something that will affect us all and we don't have much time.... Feb 1st to be exact.

Please please read her blog it is very informative.

Maggie

http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspo ... l?spref=tw
Smokey
UKFM Newbie

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:09 am

I love Sue and Kaliya (Bendy Girl) - writes a blog called 'Benefit Scrounging Scum'.

I have a massive girl crush on them both - they are absolutely amazing. Blogs are definitely worth a read - excellent stuff with each post.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Smokey » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:50 pm

Ldyalb wrote:I love Sue and Kaliya (Bendy Girl) - writes a blog called 'Benefit Scrounging Scum'.

I have a massive girl crush on them both - they are absolutely amazing. Blogs are definitely worth a read - excellent stuff with each post.

I too follow both of their blogs and yes you learn so much> I have also joined Twitter which is where I found out about them. I would urge all who can to read their blogs to keep abreast of what is happening regards disabilities and health reform... forewarned is forearmed.
Smokey
UKFM Newbie

Return to Politics & Lobbying