Suggestion for action

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Suggestion for action

Postby Andrew_Z » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:10 pm

As there are so many with fibro in the UK, couldn't we write to our MP's about benefit cuts and our problems, not just once, but a letter every single week. That should get someone's attention as Parliament would be inundated with mail. It would also be good if our carers or relatives wrote every week as well. A letter costs very little, but mounds of post bags can't be so easily ignored by MPs who already struggle to cope with existing mail. I just think that if they aren't listening then we just need to speak a bit louder...and with dogged persistence.

I have already written to the Federation of District Nurses, warning them of greatly increased work load when mobility DLA is cut. We should also write every week to the TUC and the Federation of Employers who are going to have to cope with a massive influx of disabled workers.

As I say, the governement can, and does, happily ignore spasmodic protests, but it can't ignore piles of mailbags that will greatly increase it's workload...and as voting citizens we do have a right to lobby our MPs, they can't stop us doing so. And if letter writing spreads to all disabled groups, then Parliament will grind to a halt.
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Re: Suggestion for action

Postby Andrew_Z » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:23 pm

And in case it is suggested that letters might be viewed as harassment , they can't if they are a weekly account of how we struggle to cope with the our illness, and with the DWP.
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby sjc » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:09 am

Hi there. I agree with you in saying that we should all campaign, campaign, campaign. I recently sent some campaign letters to some politicians, but I doubt I get a response. That's politician's for you. Take care. Xx
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:58 am

I've tried it too, but just get ignored :dunno: :dunno:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:43 pm

I emailed my local MP who is the horrible... oops ment honrable Peter Lilley.

I got responses 3 months not by petey but by other MP"s whom he had posted my questions to who could respond better to my questions.

They just went round in circles and highlighed all the good points and not directly answered my questions :-? its like >> :banghead:

I think it would be good idea to ask your local MP to attend a local fibro support group. Face to face is better then writing but its all still worth a try... :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Andrew_Z » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:29 pm

Better still, get a large syringe and inject your MP's veins with quick set epoxy glue and tobasco sauce, then ask them how far they walk!
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby darkcyde » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:54 am

i have been thinking about all this recently....writing a ton of letters is a great idea, but i think its time to look at stronger tactics.

i believe that what the DWP and ATOS do and the way they treat patients, and the new PIPs due in next year are a breach of Human Rights.....im not a supporter of HR is general, but if its there, why not use it.

if we got enough people on board, we could do a class action suit or whatever its called to pursue it?
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Postby Andrew_Z » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:10 pm

I thought of the issue of HR ages ago. The disability organisations, for some reason haven't thought about that as a basis for a challenge. I'm guessing there's some way the government has insured it can't be used in this case. But I do agree that depriving disabled people of needed care and support is a breach of one's human rights. However, I'm sure that what is going to eventually put a spanner in the works is the resulting collapse of the NHS, who won't be able to cope with abandoned sick people...because if the government don't react to that then they will be guilty of mass murder on a scale that even Hitler and Stalin didn't achieve.
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Return to Politics & Lobbying