ON LINE PETITION - please have a look

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ON LINE PETITION - please have a look

Postby summerbaby » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:46 am

Hello Everyone

Please have a look at the attached.

If you agree please add your signature, I think this along with many other things going on at the moment will need peoples support,so anyone else that may be affected by these changes please let them know.

http://www.change.org/petitions/iain-duncan-smith-iain-duncan-smith-to-live-on-53-a-week?utm_campaign=action_box&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=share_petition

Thanks
Summerbaby
summerbaby
UKFM Member

Re: ON LINE PETITION - please have a look

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:56 pm

This is never going to happen! :roll:

Sounds good and i for one would love to see how he copes like everyone but seriously this is not going to happen :lol:

What is more realistic is for him to do a break down of this 53 pound a week on how he would survive!!! and give everyone tips on how to live!.... be interesting to see if he could write a shopping list for the week on 10pound! what clothes he would buy and where and how he'll clean himself!!

For me it costs 15 a week for electric (meter) 10/20 on gas (depending on time of year) 12 a week water and for a landline to be connected for emergancies at least another few quid on top a week for that.
Thats near enough all the money gone already BEFORE you even think about eating/clothing/cleaning and washing :-? :-? :-? :-?
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby summerbaby » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Very true, I would love to see him cope, I can imagine his allowance and then dinner time, a meal at a 4 star restaurant with maybe a glass of wine, thats his allowance gone !!! Not even a bag of chips for the rest of the week ! what these people dont realize is they have never lived like the people who struggle do, so they havent got a clue !

I would like to see a candidate in parliament that has struggled on benefits or who is disabled and suffering at the hands of these toffs who dont live in the real world at all, never had and never will. They should be made to live on these benefits for at least 6 months to build up any debts etc, not a week where they can scrimp and thats it, they've no idea.

Maybe we shouldn't forget that women would not have got the vote if it was not for the persistence of people campaigning, when people dont stick together things dont happen.

Just pass it on if you can be much appreciated :-D

Thanks
Summerbaby
summerbaby
UKFM Member

Postby fletch » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:56 pm

He should be forced to live on £53 a week for 1 year because that in exactly what he is doing to many disabled and low paid people

He wouldn't manage it

Mr Duncan Smith, who married into an aristocratic family, is now paid £1,581 a week - although he is believed to have received benefits after leaving the Army in the early 1980s.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2PJXjTd8C
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
fletch
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:26 pm

i would love to see him in 1bed flat in a council estate living off 53 pound a week :!:

Seeing him sift thro the charity shops for a pair of grundies :lol: :lol: pressing the emergancy on the electric meter as you have run out of money :crazy: finding the cheapest processed meal for dinner (pound in iceland) :!: washing his charity clothes in washing up liquid in the bath with cold water as cant afford to heat the boiler up and only a few pence left on the meter.

Only drinking water from the tap cause wont be able to spend much on food/drinks. Using a newpaper for loo roll cause u run out and next pay check aint for a few days :oops:

Oh i'd like to be that fly on the wall :lol: :lol: :lol:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby summerbaby » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:03 pm

He wouldn't have a clue what an electric meter was !!! :yikes:

can you imagine him going and getting the Finest Dinner from Tesco ! with a side dish and a sweet, not forgetting they like to drink, well its ok for people in parliament to drink isnt it ? :roll:

so his finest meal and wine plus his pud oh and breakfast next morning obviously it will have to be smoked salmon and maybe eggs with brown toast lets say and the finest butter of course

£7.00 duck a la orange
£2.50 potatoes Dauphinoise
£2.50 veg
£6.99 Blossom hill - I now he's ruffing it here a bit, but champagne he carnt afford so down graded to wine.
£2.50 finest sticky toffee

£21.49 which will be a cheap meal to him, £10.00 electric meter, Bus fare to shop £3.00 - £34.50 spent on dinner, thats 1 night !!! can you imagine these toffs living on a pittance.

For the rest f the week hes now got £22.50 and he hasn't even bought anything to wipe his a**** on yet :evil: sorry thats wrong Ive not added his smoked salmon and cream cheese, thats another £5.00. £17.50 left, then bus fare to jobbie to sign on and he got lunch to buy after the job center grilling ! he'd last 2 days !

What gets me is they lay into people saying that they are overweight well have a look at the price of fruit and veg ???? Its cheaper to buy what they call junk and what poor people call necessity, and no choice.

These Eaton school boys really havent got a clue. U do hope they might realize this but I can honestly say they wont ! :nono:
Summerbaby
summerbaby
UKFM Member

Postby fletch » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:39 pm

Well said summerbaby they haven't got a clue how others live
fletch
UKFM Member

Postby summerbaby » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:32 pm

They really dont have a clue do they :nono:
Summerbaby
summerbaby
UKFM Member

Postby sjc » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:13 pm

LOL...Very good statements folks...

I don't know any one that could just live on £53 a week...perhaps if you got your rent and council tax paid, and also ya get your food, gas/electricity, water rates, transport, clothing, items that cannot get from the nhs, furniture, stationionary and papers, tv license, phone bills, insurance, hairdressers, shoes, toiletries, cleaning products, etc etc paid for you ,,,,,then you was left £53 per week for then abit of spare cash, then fair enough, one could cope with that 50 quid spare cash....but there is not way that one could have a good quality of living on just that amount..

Even if you had your rent and council tax paid and even medical prescriptions, £53 would still wouldn't be enough because food isn't cheap...you got to have 3 decent meals a day, and nhs are telling us that we must eat healthily...but with £53 per week, you could only afford to eat one meal a day and that would be like a 20p tin of soup. Then one has to pay towards water rates, which you don't get any support from to have it paid for you. Even for a single person, I have to pay £40 approximately a month...Then transport costs are flipping sky high...For me to just go a few miles from my village into Derby Town Centre, it costs around or upto £10.00 and that's only a 2.5 mile journey....so you could imagine if you had to get a taxi a few times a week, ya money would go....Catching a bus isnt cheap either...

A pair of decent boots can cost £20, and even a basic haircut can cost around £20.00's these days....I live in a one bedroom bungalow, and I have to pay around £60-£100 per month on me gas and electric bills...

The only people who can live off of £53 is those ones that don't shower regulary, or they don't eat that much apart from a tin of soup a day, or they never wear nice clothes, and they just wear second hand goods from the charity shops - no disrespect to charity shop clothes...but you get what I mean folks....And they never had there hair clean or look nice...Ya literally would smell, look dirty or old fashioned or you be that in poverty you wouldn't me nutrioned well...People would be even more depressed and unhealthy because they be living in dirty or old fashioned houses, kids would be malnutrioned, and people wouldn't look for work or be bothered to train themselves up because they wouldn't be able to afford getting on the bus, etc...

I think these politicians and snobby people are living in a fantasy world...I agree that people on benefits shouldn't be living a luxury lifestyle, but most don't...it's only a few people that take advantage of the system...
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby fletch » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:23 pm

This is what could happen to anybody all you have to do is loose your job or house

Lee Halpin, 27, had planned to spend a week living on the streets in his home city of Newcastle.

He began the project on Sunday but was apparently found dead three days later in a derelict building in the West End of the city.

How he died has not yet been confirmed but it is believed he may have died from hypothermia.

Speaking earlier on a YouTube video, he said the project was part of an application for an investigative journalism course to give an example of fearless reporting.

He said he had spoken to a homeless charity about the rise in the number of people on the streets and the possible repercussions of the bedroom tax.

"I'm about to go and spend a week being homeless in the West End of Newcastle

http://news.sky.com/story/1074477/man-d ... ocumentary
fletch
UKFM Member

Postby SharonL42 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:08 pm

But the bloke has admitted that he doesn't actually live on £53 pound a week....he gets over 4 times that amount from the UK tax payers every week.....which is more than I earnt as a teaching assistant.

Just another stunt!

Sharon

Keep Smiling :-)
Keep Smiling :)
SharonL42
UKFM Member

Return to Politics & Lobbying