Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The Bedroom AXER !!!!

Postby summerbaby » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:56 am

Summerbaby
summerbaby
UKFM Member

Re: The Bedroom AXER !!!!

Postby SharonL42 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:20 pm

But he's the tenant of a private family ...it's up to them if they charge him any rent or not. He's not expecting me to pay his rent for him through my taxes.

I'd love to have a spare bedroom but unfortunately I can't afford the cost of selling & moving house or the bigger mortgage payments!

Sharon

Keep Smiling :-)
Keep Smiling :)
SharonL42
UKFM Member

Re: The Bedroom AXER !!!!

Postby summerbaby » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:34 pm

What the government should have looked at on this particular matter was the range of social housing costs, I dont agree with people living in a large house in London and having housing benefit paid for luxury flats etc just because they want to live there, thats whats been happening in the past and along with greedy landlords and people defrauding the system claiming for multiple properties etc . It does and is happening its on tv quite regular.

Most housing association rents are below private renting so a band should have been set to be a fair living cost. This tax is so unfair you shouldn't be able to exclude pensioners or people who foster children, fostering get extra financial help, its totally unfair to exclude some and not others, and I dont know why a class action hasn't be taken against these cuts.
Summerbaby
summerbaby
UKFM Member

Return to Politics & Lobbying