Lobbying your local mp

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lobbying your local mp

Postby Ange-MHS » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:39 pm

I went to see my mp and gave him as much info in fibro as I could.
He encouraged me to ask everyone who has fibro to also speak to your local mp to raise awareness as hopefully the more people who make a point of taking the time to e mail, write or even arrange a meeting as I did today may make a difference.
I found the information on the fibromyalgia magazine.
http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/advocacy/politics.html
I e mailed a letter on the cause and how it affects me and I was contacted within two days and a meeting was arranged within two more days
If you don't know who your mp is. Go on the web page
http://Www.theyworkforyou.com
If we all push our mp's to take notice then we could make a difference, so we're not fighting for care that we need.
Gentle hugs to all
Ange-MHS
UKFM Newbie

Re: Lobbying your local mp

Postby denys » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:36 pm

I have spoken to our MP regarding fibro and she didnt do a thing, complete let down so I hpe others get on further than I did :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:39 pm

:welcome:

And :welldone:

Its a great idea :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:43 pm

sorry didnt realise it was your first post :welcome: to the forum and I do think its a good idea cos the more of them we get on side the better :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Politics & Lobbying