PLEASE SIGN- DWP/ ATOS to recognise Fibro

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PLEASE SIGN- DWP/ ATOS to recognise Fibro

Postby clsmbenn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:55 am

*** PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION - ONLY TAKES A FEW MINS - WITHOUT YOUR HELP MANY PEOPLE MAY NOT GET THE HELP & SUPPORT THEY DESERVE ***

This petition demands that the UK government instructs the DWP and ATOS to recognise Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as seriously debilitating illnesses as per the World Health Organisation's Tenth Revision of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD-10).

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/48164

:bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Re: PLEASE SIGN- DWP/ ATOS to recognise Fibro

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:27 am

I've moved you into here as it's a more suitable part of the forum and I've added my cyber squiggle to it as well :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby clsmbenn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:01 am

no problem, wasnt sure where to put it. lol :-D
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:12 pm

Thanks for this , have copied clsmbenn's post onto my Face book page .

I only have a small discreet number of actual friends :lol: but you never know they might pick it up and end up getting lots of signatures.

Have also signed............... lets hope they don't use it to get a hit list up and running :yikes:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby clsmbenn » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:20 pm

i hope not as well, but the more people that sign regardless of health the better.

it is time it was recognised and not put on the back burner to be forgotten about. :lol:

please sign. :elephant: :bear-dancing:
clsmbenn
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:46 pm

4 friends have reshared on thier FB status so its looking good :-D
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby hippychick » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:30 pm

Now please don't get tooooo excited but......

If my recent, (last month), experience of the ATOS assessment is anything to go by, I reckon the DWP just might have now realized that they should recognize fibro and CFS as being real and debilitating conditions! I was quite taken aback at how the doctor doing my assessment kept focussing on the chronic fatigoo problems and how it affected me on a day to day basis more than any of my many other conditions such as the osteo-arthritis or cervical spondylosis to name but 2 :lol:

In fact when we came out, I asked my husband if it had been my imagination about how she kept harping on and on about the chronic fatigoo and he said that it wasn't my imagination, he'd noticed it too. I suggested to him that the chronic fatigoo must've been the magic word as I was told before leaving that she would be recommending me for the ESA Support group and would be informing the DWP that I should not be asked to go to any further assessments ever again. I expect she just meant that I ought to have them done at home, but she'd been amazed to see virtually a zombie hobbling/stumbling into her examination room :oops: For once, I think I should be grateful to my mahoosive fibro flare up that I had at the time of the assessment and for the weeks leading up to it. It may actually have done me a favour for once :sleep:

My niece wasn't told how her assessment had gone on the day and didn't know until she got the official letter some weeks later. I, on the other hand, didn't relax until I did have that official decision arrive in writing and even then, still not totes relaxed coz I've still got the PIP hurdle to 'look forward to' anytime from 2015 onwards I've been told and I seriously don't want to lose my DLA or else I'll be at risk of becoming a complete hermit!!!!! If they don't get you one way, they'll get you another eh? :yikes:

Still, it's defo looking more promising re having the fibro and CFS officially recognized for these assessments.

Gentle hugglies,
Hippy
hippychick
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu May 01, 2014 12:01 am

Great news HC :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Politics & Lobbying