Victory in court. ATOS will have to take notice now.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Victory in court. ATOS will have to take notice now.

Postby shazq » Tue May 28, 2013 3:26 pm

The court held that the WCA process disadvantages people with mental health problems because they have greater difficulty than others in explaining to the Atos assessor how their condition affects their fitness to work. The solution is for Atos and the DWP to seek evidence from the claimant’s doctors and others in the community that know what they can do. But the DWP have consistently refused to take this step. Well now they will have to.

http://blacktrianglecampaign.org/2013/0 ... e-network/
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Victory in court. ATOS will have to take notice now.

Postby macca » Tue May 28, 2013 8:51 pm

Power to the people or what.

This has got to be massive news for all you fibro sufferers, suffering knock on cognitive dysfunction. I see in my wife daily forgetfulness and confusion, so much so that when questioned about her ailments in her ESA tribunal she completely forgot about some of her problems. Being all too familiar with her forgetfulness i reminded her of what she was forgetting only to have the tribunal chair and doctor come down on me hard telling me i couldn't put words in her mouth!

When i was allowed to speak i had to then explain how fibro affected her memory and resulted in her experiencing confusion and how we both had to live with that daily.

Its clear to me that somone suffering these issues alongside anxiety and depression, and then also being in a massively pressured situation such as the WCA, theres absolutely no way they would be able to fully describe how their illness affects every aspect of their life.

What a brilliant ruling.

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Re: Victory in court. ATOS will have to take notice now.

Postby moomoos » Wed May 29, 2013 2:52 am

Fantastic news.............

Terrible that its too late for some people :cry:
moomoos
UKFM Member

Return to Politics & Lobbying