Tories may limit GP visits

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Tories may limit GP visits

Postby perseus » Wed May 29, 2013 4:41 pm

The Conservatives are floating plans to cap the number of times we are allowed to visit our GP. If we run out of visits – because we've got a sickly child or long-term health condition, for example – we could be forced to pay to go elsewhere.

At the moment it's just a proposal. But if the Conservatives don't see a big public backlash, it could soon be a grim reality. So let's raise an outcry as quickly as possible and push them to drop the idea immediately.

Please sign the urgent petition now: tell health minister Jeremy Hunt to rule out limiting our access to NHS GPs.

https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/s/ ... s#petition

see also

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2013/05/29 ... ost-lives/
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Re: Tories may limit GP visits

Postby *Lisa* » Wed May 29, 2013 4:46 pm

There very contridictive as my surgery has just been given funding to open longer hours to be able to take on extra appointments needed by people, also many times my GP has said *you need to come back every 2 weeks to be monitored* how could we do that :-? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby perseus » Wed May 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Lisa

That's more or less what is says in that second link

Over the last couple of years I’ve found about six lumps in my breasts. Each time the doctor asks me to make a couple of repeat appointments so she can check if the lump is temporary or changing. So far the diagnosis is that I have “dense breast tissue”. What my doctor has never told me is “hey, if you find another lump – just ignore it”.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby perseus » Thu May 30, 2013 7:55 am

This is often an entertaining and well written blog

http://scriptonitedaily.wordpress.com/2 ... and-worse/
perseus

Postby *Lisa* » Thu May 30, 2013 9:46 am

Its too early in the morning for me to be able to read and digest the info so will look later BUT what has been going on in my mind is what are they wanting to achieve by all of this?....
I mean when i was growing up i never saw the doctor at all until i started having my children at 21 then started with fibro symptoms at 24 so i was always in and out :shock: so my 20 years worth of not going would tally up? could i roll this over ? :crazy: :crazy:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby perseus » Fri May 31, 2013 9:13 am

Lisa

I guess it's about saving money and dissuading patients with alleged symptoms but negative test results from taking up appointment time.

Your roll over idea is worth considering, I rarely visited the Dr until I was 29. However, there are some people born with chronic illnesses so they would be disadvantaged.

I think they operate a credit system in Germany for the year, and if the Dr thinks the patient needs to see them for an ongoing problem, they simply hand out free credits.

Regarding the campaign, it looks like we may have nipped it in the bud. Jeremy Hunt has been forced to respond to the180,000-strong petition. And he’s made a public pledge to "never" introduce a limit on the number of times we’re allowed to visit our GP, although of course he claims he never was considering it. A bit like privatisation of the NHS!
perseus

Postby fibro-lu » Fri May 31, 2013 11:22 am

makes me wonder
last time I saw my usually supportive GP
he was shroff and said something down the line
"...don't have time for that.....you are the patient I see the most...."
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Return to Politics & Lobbying