Bring our case to parliament?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bring our case to parliament?

Postby icklebananer » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:59 pm

Does anybody know how we can fight for our rights at parliament? Surely there is enough of us to make our voices heard against the DWP and un-believing GP's...
Or does anybody know of any action already taking place?
I used to have prospects but now at 25 I'm stuck in a society against helping those with long term illness. Trying to fight back one day at a time. Fibro Princess

icklebananer
UKFM Newbie

Re: Bring our case to parliament?

Postby Carrie Nourse » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:58 am

Hi, I have been in touch with a labour MP who is in Dagenham and Rainham in Essex because they are against what the Tories are doing and after speaking with him he asked for this website so he can see for himself just how difficult it is to get any benefits from ATOS so perhaps you could do the same where you live because if enough people do this it might have a chance.
Carrie Nourse
UKFM Member

Re: Bring our case to parliament?

Postby Wowzer » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:25 am

With so many cuts and changes to benefits and services, and an increasingly heartless system behind it all, it’s a very stressful time for sick and disabled people. That's why I signed the WOW petition, which calls for an end to the Work capability Assessment (as called for by the British Medical Association in 2012) and a New deal for sick and disabled people. Russell Brand and Stephen Fry have signed it, but it needs to get to 100,000 by December 12th to get a debate in Parliament. We need to let the politicians know that we're not happy and we deserve better. Please go to http://www.wowpetition.com now and sign it. And get all your friends and family to sign it too, because one day they could be sick or disabled and the system may fail them. Thank you.
Wowzer
UKFM Newbie

Return to Politics & Lobbying