Confused who to vote for? This questionnaire might help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Confused who to vote for? This questionnaire might help.

Postby perseus » Tue May 06, 2014 6:44 am

I often think people are confused by rhetoric and debates and are influenced by personalities. Politicians are also often sufficiently vague in an attempt to capture as much of the vote as possible.

This questionnaire asks a number of multiple choice questions about your orientations and beliefs, then determines how left or right, or authoritarian or libertarian you are on a graph called the political compass here.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

You can then compare your position relative to each party based on their actual policies or actions (rather than what they wan't you to believe), although it's best not to look at this before taking the test.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/ukparties2010

Have fun!
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Re: Confused who to vote for? This questionnaire might help.

Postby *Lisa* » Tue May 06, 2014 10:38 am

I ended up in the green section :crazy:

Must confess i didnt know a few questions and what they ment :oops: but done my best.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Tue May 06, 2014 6:15 pm

Good heavens I ended up as a SDLP :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: not sure of the relevance of some of the questions
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby perseus » Wed May 07, 2014 4:35 pm

I was in the green area as well. I think most people end up somewhere in that bottom left hand quadrant of the political compass even though the big parties are situated in the top right. Of course someone has determined where those parties lie on the compass so one has to be slightly cynical of the result. It makes slightly more sense if you see how they have shifted over the years leaving little choice for the majority of the electorate. it would be interesting to see how the vote might change if everyone took the test before they voted! :-)

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Return to Politics & Lobbying