Letter from MEP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Letter from MEP

Postby Donna Day » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:42 pm

Thought this may be of interest to you all! I wrote to Graham Watson MEP asking for LDN trials to be funded by the Government This is the reply!! Looks like Fibro is recognised by European Parliament!! SO AS WE ARE PART OF EUROPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Donna Day,

Thank you for your email of 6 December regarding the need to develop drugs to treat fibromyalgia.

At the end of last year I joined with over 400 MEPs in supporting the Written Declaration on fibromyalgia which was adopted by the Parliament in December. The widespread support of this Declaration by EU Parliamentarians sends a clear message to Member States, the Council and Commission that action is required immediately to address health issues relating to pain which are faced by many people across the Union.

I hope this Declaration can help push this matter further up the political agenda, as at present it would appear this is another case of so called “orphan drug” where the pharmaceutical industry does not to have a financial incentive to develop a drug under current market conditions

Thank you for contacting me on this matter and if I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

In view of your interest in how I might be able to help you, it occurs to me that you might like to receive my weekly email newsletter providing news and my views on EU developments. If so, please let me know and I will add your email address to my distribution list.

Yours sincerely,

Graham Watson MEP
Liberal Democrat Member of the European Parliament for South West England and Gibraltar
Donna

I JUST WANT TO BE ME AGAIN
Donna Day
UKFM Member

Re: Letter from MEP

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:09 pm

Thank you for showing us the letter :)
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Letter from MEP

Postby shazq » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:26 pm

Thanks Donna. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Politics & Lobbying