MP's Response

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

MP's Response

Postby Sunbeam » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:18 pm

hi, after 2 letters and an email, i have finally had a response from my MP regarding the loss of DLA/AA Green Paper. I dont know how to post it and dont know if thats legal anyway, so i will quote a couple of things from the letter.

" ....In consequence the Government have already now accepted that it would therefore be inappropriate to remove Disability Living Allowance. It is unlikely that Attendance Allowance would be removed from those who are already in receipt...."

"...What i can also assure you is that it will be several years before any such changes will take effect and for the reasons i have said it is unlikely to affect anyone who is currently in receipt of such benefits...."

"....Finally, you can be assured that under a Labour Government no-one will miss out; no one will lose a service that they currently receive or an income which they currently rely on...."

Here's hoping the above is all true :blowkiss:
Sunbeam
UKFM Member

Re: MP's Response

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:10 pm

I hope so.
Thanks for posting sunbeam. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: MP's Response

Postby LinzWorld » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:28 am

I think one thing this issue has shown is that, whatever your politics are, you cannot trust this Government on this issue.
I run FibroAction, a small national charity raising awareness of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. I am not a qualified healthcare professional. If you would like medical references for any facts quoted, just PM me.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Return to Politics & Lobbying