Petition to the European Parliament - Important

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Petition to the European Parliament - Important

Postby Chelsea » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:35 am

Firstly I'd like to thank all those on this board who signed and supported our petition to 10 Downing Street for LDN to be trialled/further research. For those who did will know they had advised we contact and put in an application to the NIHR for further research. However, this was done in August 2009 which resulted in a panel discussion on January 19th and their view is not favourable towards further research. We are now requesting how they reached this decision ie what research was done, who sits on their panel etc., and have a number of MPs enquiring too.

However, a petition to the European Parliament has been accepted (it took them 5 months of discussions/meetings to 'pass it' to the appropriate committee). This is rapidly becoming a human rights issue which is what the petition to the EU is all about. Who has the right to deny us of a safe and harmless drug?

I know LDN isn't everyone's choice of drug, but please help those who want it and give the Drs the confidence to prescribe it by signing this petition. Please note, after signing (name and email only) you will be taken to a 'donation page' PLEASE IGNORE THIS. We are not asking for any money/funds, just your support and signature. Anyone can sign wherever you are in the world. Many thanks in advance http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ldnnow/

Best wishes,
Jayne
Take care

Chelsea
LDNNow.com
Chelsea
UKFM Member

Re: Petition to the European Parliament - Important

Postby Chelsea » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:21 pm

Thought I’d share with all that I have received a letter from the European Parliament re our petition. They had a panel discussion on 27/28 January and have agreed to ask the European Commission to further research into LDN, continue the examination of Low Dose Nalterexone and as soon as they reach a decision they will write back to me.

The door hasn’t been slammed in our faces, so please folks, continue to support the LDN petition to the European Parliament – it really is important and don’t forget, don’t fund the petition link. All that’s needed is your signature and support. This really is of vital international importance and anyone can sign anywhere in the world. Please go to link mentioned above and support this human rights petition.

I can’t stress the importance of this. Appreciate this.

Many thanks! :D
Take care

Chelsea
LDNNow.com
Chelsea
UKFM Member

Postby AngelBear » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:55 pm

I have signed.
A smile lifts both you and others
Christine
AngelBear
UKFM Member

Postby Chelsea » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:22 pm

Thanks Christine, I really appreciate this.

Hope you're keeping well
Jayne
Take care

Chelsea
LDNNow.com
Chelsea
UKFM Member

Return to Politics & Lobbying