Hardest hit March Wednesday May 11th 2011

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hardest hit March Wednesday May 11th 2011

Postby confused » Tue May 10, 2011 12:15 am

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/news/article.jsp?id=4585

There is a protest march planned for Wednesday 11th May to protest at the shocking cuts the Gov are planning in relation to DLA and ESA and I am equally shocked to find that there is no representation for Fibromyalgia. Have a look at the SCOPE site and not one FM charity is listed to be attending. Action for ME have a voice, Why havent we?
I thought Fibroaction was a charity so why aren't they voicing their concerns and rallying all us on these forums to get up and protest? I am Really annoyed to find out about this march from the SCOPE, ME and MS sites and not from my own forum........
confused
UKFM Member

Re: Hardest hit March Wednesday May 11th 2011

Postby denys » Tue May 10, 2011 11:14 am

Sorry confused I knew nothing about it either and unless someone tells us about things we cant post about them :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby confused » Tue May 10, 2011 11:44 am

Hi denys
You dont need to be sorry it wasnt a pop at you, the Mods, forums or individuals it was aimed at Fibro charities who surely should have heard about this well in advance? I only found out about this when i posted it last night.

Basically it seems that fibro charities aren't working effectively for us the sufferers or we would have been informed well in advance so that groups, forums etc could have been represented with banners etc on the day.

Thank you for your reply it is much appreciated :)
confused
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue May 10, 2011 12:09 pm

I actually posted about this in General Topics last month;

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9584

I also mentioned it in a post in DWP, working and benefits yesterday :)

I do think it's shocking that I didn't hear about it from a Fibro charity though - it's not had anywhere near as much publicity as it should have had. Dyspraxia Foundation isn't involved either which has annoyed me.

Depending on how I feel tomorrow I will probably attend part of it, I doubt I'll be up for the March but may pop along for the speeches.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue May 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Lets hope some of the charities will attend or lend their support to the march :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby UKFibromyalgia » Wed May 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Hi,
We have been promoting this Hardest Hit very hard at UK Fibromyalgia.We are members of the Disability Alliance that have organised the event.

It has featured in the FaMily magazine and the last 2 email newsletters and I plan to feature the outcome in tomorrows email.

bw

Martin
UKFibromyalgia
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed May 11, 2011 5:42 pm

Thanks for clarifying Martin, I'm suffering really badly with fog at the moment and cant remember what I've been told from one minute to the next. Hope all went well and look forward to hearing the outcome :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Politics & Lobbying