All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Harper27 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:22 pm

Last edited by Harper27 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harper27
UKFM Member

Re: Am I on way too many medications?

Postby Harper27 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:59 pm

Anyone? xx
Harper27
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Hi,

Is this all just for fibro or do you have other health conditions?

Im on alot of different medications but not just for fibro.

Naproxen
Co-Codamol
Baclofen
Diazepam
hydroxychloroquine
Fenafexadine
Sertraline
Citrizine
Montelukast
Renitidine
Omoprozole

On top I have regular trigger point physio a mouthguard & waiting to see Orthapedics for epidural injections (or surgery)

Im also going to be reffered to pain clinic although I very much doubt anything can be done apart from I want Diazepam on repeat as I can only get these as and when i get severe excasabations of spasms, which ATM is all the time!

There also wanting me on a nerve pain med on top of these but have tried them all like the Amitriptyline / lyrica & pregablin etc but side effects to much for me to handle.

For the meds above I have for:

Fibro
CFS
Herniatied disc/Sciatica
Autoimmune urticaria & Angeiodema
Spondylosis
Anxiety
TMJ
Costochondritis
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Harper27 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:13 pm

Aww Lisa I'm sorry you have to deal with other things on top of fibro. What a nightmare. Sorry I should have mentioned that I also suffer from

Fibro
CFS/ME
BFS, (although many argue that FM, CFS and BFS are all on a spectrum or the same thing presented in different ways)
Depression
Anxiety
Joint Hypermobility
OCD
Panic Attacks
RLS
IBS
GORD
Harper27
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Im no doctor but with the meds and your health conditions it seems *Ok* you can always ask the pharmacist for a medication review to get a second opinion if your concerned in anyway or ask for referal to pain clinic.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Harper27 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:00 pm

Thanks for your reply Lisa. Hearing about the meds others with fibro are on makes me feel a lot better that I'm not alone with all these meds lol. It's also strangely fascinating to me xx
Harper27
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication