ESA50

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA50

Postby besidemyself » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi everyone. I am new here so hope i have put this in the right place. Please move if not.

So after 4 years peace the dwp have set in place another reassessment for me. I am in the esa support group. I returned the form on time to the people doing the assessments. Am just wondering if they are still working a back log or how long these things are taking? if anyone has any idea? I suffer with Bipolar, Diabetes, Arthritis and Fibromyalgia just about getting every symptom it can throw at me. The waiting to hear back from the form is really not helping.
besidemyself
UKFM Member

Re: ESA50

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi,

It varies and also varies from post code to post code. Personally I have found no news is good news. I found that if they want to bring you in for a face to face assessment then you hear within (roughly a month)

It took them around 4 months to tell me all was to stay the same yet a friend of mine whom sent in forms a month after mine heard back way before I did with them wanting an assessment done.

You can however call them and ask how long the wait is? Or even ask them how your claim is proceeding. I would give them 3 weeks after you sent in forms before asking as takes a while for them to process the paper work and work out what is to be done.

You’ll find the priority is given to new claimants as they are on a target time frame.

Good luck.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby besidemyself » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:59 am

Thank you Lisa that all makes sense. My daughter did email them, i think it must be their head office of the people who do the assessing, and they forwarded it to their office for my area. They said they would do this and that office would reply but they haven't. So yes am guessing i am way on a list somewhere. Just trying to breathe through it and not let the anxiety wipe me totally out.
besidemyself
UKFM Member

Postby besidemyself » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:28 pm

So I got the face to face appointment letter yesterday. Feeling quite sick with anxiety. The last time I had a f2f at the same place I have to attend now, started an 18 month of agony until tribunal which I won. i've just heard that quiet a few claimants in the support group are being shoved into the wrag group as a dwp money saving exercise. Will they then be claiming the new esa, or just being moved from one group to the other and claim the old rate?.

I guess I am expecting it not to go well....I still have nightmares from the last episode.
besidemyself
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:58 am

That’s a good question and one that is not highlighted within the rules. I know that new esa claimants are going in at a JSA rate and old existed claimants are to stay at the old rate technically meaning that because you have been on ESA before the changes you should go onto the old rates of pay.

If therefore you are put on ESA WRAG I would keep an eye on payements as a precaution to see what payements you receive.

You can always speak to your local job centre or call ESA for information.

I have not noticed any of my ill friends being put down to WRAG... yet!

Always appeal and fight! Never give up!

Good luck and hope all goes well
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:06 am

besidemyself wrote:
I guess I am expecting it not to go well....I still have nightmares from the last episode.

I’m sure we can all sympathise with you as I myself have had 2 one for ESA and the other for PIP

Very intense, stressful, degrading interviews.

Don’t forget to read through websites with interview information like here and CAB to recap. Remember it’s all about your capabilities to work thus working on questions in how your too unfit to work, hold down employment etc....

Remembering their trick questions, take someone with you etc....

Take your time in answering the questions and ask to have a break for a minute or two if things get to overwhelming.

Good luck!
*Lisa*

Postby besidemyself » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:25 pm

Thank you. My daughter who is my carer will be with me. She is in complete control of the many medications I take, as I have gotten confused, forgetful. I guess its just take a deep breath and get through it, am so grateful she will be with me. Thank you again.
besidemyself
UKFM Member

Postby besidemyself » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:42 am

So....the assessment was yesterday. They agreed to arrange taxi there and back after my GP faxed them. They rang the day before speaking to my daughter re times etc and the taxi was booked to arrive at my home at 10.00, by 10.10 I was in panic mode as it hadnt arrived, my daughter was on the phone continuously trying to get through to them and eventually after several minutes they finally took her call. Traffic issues but they hadnt let us know. After two more calls it finally arrived at 10.45. My appointment being 11.00 and being told to arrive ten minutes early, thankfully it was their taxi arrangement and not mine that had caused delay. I was already frazzled, in discomfort and pain, and anxiety climbing by the second, fog setting in my brain. The assessor seemed nice, but ive seen that before and it turned out she told a pack of lies on the report. I wasn't asked to do any physical movements, she asked some questions that were on the esa 50 a copy of which she only read a few minutes before I went in. So she was looking at that I think on the screen, asking questions and bashing away at the keyboard. Twenty minutes and it was over, she said I would hear in about 5 weeks or within 5 weeks I cant remember. My daughter was with me throughout, and answered a lot for me. They booked a taxi to take us home. So now its just the wait....holding breath and praying for right result.
besidemyself
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:11 am

:fingerscrossed: hopefully you’ll get some good news :fingerscrossed:
*Lisa*

Postby besidemyself » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:42 pm

I really hope so. I was wiped out when we got home but my head was buzzing, its a real mess when my bipolar mood heightens from anxiety and meets with the fibro symptoms. I had to struggle yesterday to just get some fresh air and breathe, but am now totally flat out, praise be for laptops that balance on the bed. Hopefully I will have good news to give soon.
besidemyself
UKFM Member

Postby besidemyself » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:46 pm

Hi everyone....so my news came a few days ago. I was successful in being placed again in the support group. I am so relieved that I don't have to appeal etc. I feel blessed. I wasn't expecting it I have to say, based on past experience and other peoples experiences. The decision came just under 3 weeks after the assessment. I hadnt asked for a copy of the report as I was waiting for the outcome from the decision maker. Am wondering whether to ask for a copy now just for future reference. The assessor asked me why I wasn't on or applying for PIP, my reply was it was enough to have to go through one reassessment never mind two. She gave me a condescending look, and really didn't appear to have any understanding at all of my anxiety and how that appointment was affecting me. That's why I really didn't think I would get the result I did. Unless of course the decision maker felt enough was gleaned with my physical issues and all the fibromyalgia symptoms. All I received was the dwp letter advising me I am in support group and the rates of payment etc. Nothing about how long for. I don't want to shake a stick at them but cant help being curious as to what was in the assessment report.

Anyhow I thought I would update here.
besidemyself
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:31 pm

That’s great news.

I don’t think we get an assessors report on an ESA review. It’s worth asking for one for reference if you feel this will help for next time although what I do is keep a copy of everything I send in for future paperwork.

Myself and many others I know on the ESA support group haven’t been given a time limit. I found the estimated renewals were 2-3 years.

If your on ESA support you may have grounds for PIP so if you feel your able to in the future it’s worth looking into.
*Lisa*

Postby besidemyself » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:44 pm

Thank you for your reply Lisa. I am truly just very grateful to have what I have got just now. I have kept everything (copy) of what I have sent them, and a transcript of the actual assessment. So I will just move forward from it now I think. Thank you for this site....its awesome.
besidemyself
UKFM Member

Postby besidemyself » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:06 pm

just an update, I requested a copy of the esa assessment report that was sent to the dwp. The assessor I had was a disability assessor, so I was lucky in that respect. She noted down everything myself and daughter told her and made observations that were correct and true. At the bottom it says review in the medium term.
besidemyself
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:47 pm

That’s good news and good to know and restors a little faith in them :-)
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits