[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Disability Employment Advisor (DEA)

Disability Employment Advisor (DEA)

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Disability Employment Advisor (DEA)

Postby denys » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Countryfan, writing a COSHH form and performing blood tests are completely different things the idiot, I used to write COSHH and risk assessment forms out all the time. It makes absolutley no difference if a sentence is at the beginning of an assessment or at the end its still there people are meant to read the whole thing not just the first sentence :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

He is bullying you, trying to undermine you all the time and wreck your confidence, please dont let him, write a letter of complaint to HR (are you seeing your counsellor again, if so tell her what has happened) if he starts on you again, calmly tell him you will not be bullied (word alone should scare him off) and you are leaving to go to HR to report him again and if he would like to accompany you then to go with you. but really get in there with those deep breaths and remain as calm as you can as it gives you more credence (you are not a hysterical wreck) :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby countyfan » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:17 pm

Thanks for your encouragment Denys and evereyone.
I have had a bit better day today pain wise, probably because I have had time to relax and not had the stress of boss on my back all the time. I did get in touch with an agency the OT at local hospital recommended called Nottsfitforwork who help deal with employment issues but when the meeting with HR last Monday went so well I told them I was OK. Now another person in HR has got involved (I think the girl I saw is on holiday) and it is this other person who the boss is raising the competency issue with. He waited and asked how I had got on and when he realised that I hadn't made a complaint about him he started up the issue of my fitness for the job again. I still have not heard from the Corporate health but am going on holiday next week for my husbands 50th, so will have to wait till we're back. It's almost like the boss thinks corporate health are going to say I am not fit to do the job and he can get rid of me. Does anyone know if Fibro is definitely classed under the Equality Act 2010?

Anyway I'm off for a long soak in herbal bath in preparation for bed. Have been trying to do a set of daily exercises given me by OT but they take it out of me and some I can only do 2 or 3 of in a minute, like swinging arms backwards and trying to touch the wall behind and above my head. Idea is it will make muscles stronger-if it doesn't finish me off in the process! :lol:
countyfan
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:50 pm

Enjoy your holiday and forget about your boss till you get back :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Maria » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:53 pm

I am in the process of getting support from the DEA, they are going to be paying for me to get a cab to and from work. I was wondering whether I can also claim for DLA. I didn't think I was able to but a friend of mine who has a disabled child said that even though I work I can claim for DLA. Can someone please advise me, thank you.
Maria
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi Maria, yes you can get DLA and work :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for your claim
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Maria » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:28 pm

hi Denys
Thanks for your response...I go to work and then go home...I am too tired to do anything else, my life at times seems so pointless and meaningless and I often feel depressed and alone and think to myself, 'is this it'? I have seen some support groups in my area for fibro and one for ME/Chronic fatigue, I know I would gain a lot from being able to participate in at least one of these groups but I never have the energy. If i got DLA I could use the money to get a cab to these groups and my life might at least have some sort of purpose. Sorry if I seem like I am feeling sorry for myself, I am .
Maria
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Maria, we all have times when we feel down and sorry for ourselves so we understand how it can affect you :grouphug: There's no need to apologise for it, we're here when you want a moan or a good old :swear1: :swear1: :swear1:

As you're already in contact with your DEA, they may be able to help you with a claim for DLA, or put you in contact with someone who can help you with it :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby siennasbreeze » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:54 pm

Just to let you know that I went to see a Disability Employment Advisor last week.
He seemed to think by being diagnosed with FM means that the Consultants don't really know what's wrong with me.I couldn't believe what I was hearing.I told him that this condition is recognised by the NHS and is a chronic and in most cases a life long illness.
He told me to go back to my G.P and asked me to get a second opinion.
I carn't see how that is of any help to me.I went to him for advice about my job and the difficulties I am having with my employer.

I was under the impression that they have ways of helping people with Disabilities find jobs that account for their condition,but he says nots not the case.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with a DEA?

I am very worried about what to do for the best with regards to my job.I have a mortgage to pay and three children to support on my own.
I'm struggling to pay the bills on SSP so goodness knows how I will manage if I loose my job.
I feel compelled to find another job to try to keep my head above water,but realistically I am not well enough.
Its a combination of working in a stressful environment ,running the house and working extra hours (only because I find it hard to say no ) that has made my condition so bad.
I'm thinking even if I did find another job ,I am not sure that I would be able to sustain a good attendance record.
Writing about it makes me cry .I don't want to loose our home.I've worked all my life so all this is totally new territory to me.
Has anyone got any ideas?
Hugs Siennasbreeze xx
siennasbreeze
UKFM Member

Postby hamstergirl » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi

I went to see a DEA at my local job centre. I found them very helpful. I'd left my job as a dinner lady to start another one which i lasted for a day.

Because i said i wanted to be a receptionist but had to be one without a lot of typing, he said i would have to do loads of tests to see if i suitable for that kind of work. He said the best thing for me was to do some work experience, maybe at a couple of places to see what enviroment i coped with. I chose my local leisure centre and when my time ended they have kept me on as a casual worker. so they have helped me get a job.

I was out of work so i dont know if that made a difference or whether there was any other options available. When my work experience was coming to an end they did say i could go to remploy to help me find work, but have not needed to use them yet.

Have you tried Access to Work? My DEA advisor told me that when i get a job and i need help at work they can provide things to make your life easier. Some things your employer pays for , some things you have to pay for and some are free. I would go back or ring your DEA and ask about this. Not sure if it is available in every area.

Lorraine
hamstergirl
UKFM Member

Postby siennasbreeze » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks for your advise Hamstergirl, I really appreciate it.:-)

I have just been on Remploy website,they seem like the type of people I need to be talking to.However,as far as I can see from their list of offices cumbria doesn't seem to be mentioned.

I will give them a ring tomorrow anyway ,they may still be able to make some suggestions as to how I can find another suitable job.
aia need to find something soon ,before my current employer becomes too rattled about me being off sick.

Good on you for finding and being able to stay in employment.You should be proud of yourself.

Thanks again

Kind Regards

Siennasbreeze x
siennasbreeze
UKFM Member

Postby collie55 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:58 pm

hi everyone thank god i found this Forum this has helped me soooo much ty ty ty :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ....
i have been working but only part time as have sum back problems also osteoarthritis as well as FMS have been of work for nearly 3wks now as ive not been gud at all and only just been diagnosed with FMS after so many times back & forth to doc with all kinds of pains etc thought it was all in my head at one time but thankfully my new doc has said she thinks i deff have this condition have appointment next month at hos.....ty once again.xx
collie55
UKFM Member

Postby countyfan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi, It's been a while since I posted on here. Have been going to an understanding Fibro course and everyone there agrees that my boss is unreasonable but that I need to be prepared and equipped to stand up for my rights. I was wondering if the DEA's only deal with people who are out of work? From going on Jobcentre website, this seems to be the case. Who can I turn to while I am still in work. It's not really any use joining a union, as no-one else at the company is in one, so would have no support. Some of the people at the Fibro course have been forced out of their jobs eventually but as my son is starting his GCSE year at Private school there is no way I can afford to give up work. Am still awaiting a Corporate Health medical report-I went to see the Doc on 1st Aug! To hear my boss talk you'd think I had personally caused the delay.... :yikes:
countyfan
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:43 pm

It might be an idea to ring your local DEA and have a chat about who they can help, what they can do etc. If they aren't able to help you, then they may have contact details for someone who could :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:38 pm

There is someone who helps when you have disabilities and work but cant remeber the name :facepalm: Occupational Health i think.. there the ones that assess you and help improve your working enviroment to suit your disability needs
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby countyfan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the replies. Our company doesn't have an Occupational Health department Lisa, which is the reason that I had to go and have a Corporate Health medical assessment, which I finally got the result back from-but more of that later.
On Thursday I went to the local jobcentre and asked for an appointment with the DEA there. The woman who booked me in said 'That must be the wrong National Insurance number, because I can't find you on our database' - Probably thats because I haven't had to use your services since the early 1980's, when I left university! Anyway she booked me in for the first available time, Mon 3rd Oct. However she did say that you don't have to be out of work to use the DEA's services-so that's one question answered.
The other thing is that I have finally had a report from Corporate Health but it seems to focus on the bad relationship between myself and the boss, rather than the problems caused by my Fibro and arthritis. Luckily the boss is off touring Spain for the next fortnight so I won't have to worry about his reaction till then. It does mention confusion as a result of the Fibro- which I'm sure he will latch on to and blow up out of all proportion!!

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest and for all your advice- which is always helpful xx :lol:
countyfan
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits