[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - DLA application

DLA application

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: DLA application

Postby animalhouse » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:18 pm

think they must have been in hibernation now over the summer or away at summer camp. :lol:

thats 3 now

me tuesday, somone else (jan?) friday and then you the following week.

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :goodluck2:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby fionarodriguez » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:32 pm

right just a count down.... 5 days to go till i got my hearing.... i just cant believe what we have to go through to get what we need. i also have a ESA medical on week today its a joke......
fionarodriguez
UKFM Member

Postby fionarodriguez » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:02 pm

WHAT A B!*%%Y JOKE MONDAY WAS... I HAD MY HEARING AND THEN IT GOT ADJOURNED AS NOONE COULD READ THE DOCS NOTES ABOUT ME......... :( SO NOW HAVE TO WAIT AGAIN FOR A NEW HEARING FOR DLA AND FOR THE NOTES TO BE TYPED UP SO ALL CAN READ........... HOW P.SSED WAS I ..........
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language that may be considered offensive
fionarodriguez
UKFM Member

Postby *Hope* » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:04 am

What a joke! How silly that no-one noticed the letter was illegable before the hearing, what a waste of everyones time and money!!!
Hopefully you won't have to wait too long until the next one!
*Hope*
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:39 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fionarodriguez » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:24 pm

sorry fluppypuffy....... :D
fionarodriguez
UKFM Member

Postby Milosmum21 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:17 am

Hi all, Sorry not been on in ages not been well (physically & mentally) Had a back scan doc said results were 3 pages long & showed alot of problems they want to give me surgery but doc not keen reasons being....i had an op on my achillies & it all went wrong i ended up back in hosp for a week :( That was Aug & its still not healed the surgery never worked & now have huge amounts of scar tissue i also have the same prob in my other foot :( The other thing is i have been diagnosed with diabetes which could be why i have had the problems with surgery as diabetics are compromised & dont heal easily. I had my DLA tribunal yesterday due to other things i wasn't really prepared for it & my CAB rep never showed up :( I was telling them that due to my back problems i was struggling in the house & was awaiting OT referral. One of them on the panel (the disability rep) asked me why i had put in my original form that i could manage to cook a meal & was now saying i couldn't? (this was back in jan! Fibro fog so bad i think some days i have dementia)
I had said at the time i couldnt manage to cook? but i could bung something in the micro? well they dwelt on this & got me all confused it was a nightmare i just wanted to leave :( :( So i know the letter is going to arrive saying a big fat NO!
And at this moment in time i dont care :-|
We have sold our house & have to move by 3rd feb dont know how i'm gonna do it? In so much pain, daily headaches to boot & been having serious mental health issues (seeing physciatrist today)

So the DWP can basically shove it!! cant believe how they treat genuine disabled people yet a woman in my town almost knocked me over one day running out of Tesco's to her mobility car parked in the disabled bay.....says it all in my opinion!
If you cant eat it or play with it just pee on it and walk away
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Sue, I'm so sorry to hear how you've been :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: I wish I could find that magic wand to wave for you and make things better :blowkiss: :blowkiss: It's unusual to hear that the rep hasn't turned up, have they given you any reason why yet??

The surgery sounds horrendous :shock: :shock: :shock: No wonder your doc isn't eager for you to have any more :facepalm: :facepalm: I've been dx'd with diabetes as well, so like you, I'm trying to get to grips with the delights that brings as well :facepalm: :facepalm:

It's no wonder you're feeling so terrible at the moment, with so much going off and no apparent sign of them ending :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Have you got any family and friends who could help with the move, or could you use a professional removal company??

Until you receive advice of your fate about DLA, you're stuck in LimboLand :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: So not sure what to suggest until then :( :( :(

I hope seeing the psychiatrist will help with finding ways for you to mange things in a better way for you Sue :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: With the mental health side of things, it can be incredibly intensive and draining at first, but hopefully it will start to ease up as you find your way of dealing with the various triggers and things :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Don't forget we're still here as well. Even if it's just for a rant followed by some medicinal [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] (guaranteed to help stabilise sugar levels as well :clap: :clap: :clap:) There always someone around with a :hugs: :hugs: and a :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:48 pm

hi Sue, cant add much more than Flup has said so just sending you some gentle :hugs: :hugs: and some :flowers: hope things improve soon for you :hugs: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Milosmum21 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Thanks Guys honestly you are all so nice i am humbled ;-) Oh & yes i did get a big fat NO from tribunal....well its as i expected so thats that! what now.......do i re-apply change of circumstances? since Jan i am wayyyyyy much worse! & do it properly this time i did it myself last time cos i never realised that there was people to help with forms etc....what do you suggest?

Thanks again really appreciate your support :-D :-D

I also thought i had man flu turns out it was the real thing :crazy:

Sue x
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:34 am

No need to feel humble Sue, we understand what this is like for you as we've had similarly unpleasant experiences :hugs: :hugs:

As for what to suggest you should do next, not an easy one to answer :-? :-? The obvious thing to say is yes, reapply as circumstances have changed, and get help with filling in the form.

However, you maybe also need to think about whether you're up to going thru the system yet again and so quickly. With how you've said things have been for you, plus with the upcoming house move, do you think you would be able to manage with the additional hassle from claiming again, or could it be the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. If you feel you'd be OK diving straight back in, then go for it. If you're unsure about how it could affect you tho, then maybe you need a bit of time before you reapply, maybe get Christmas out of the way first, or wait until you have moved, then have a look at things :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

I'm not trying to put you off going thru it again Sue, I'm just thinking about it from other angles :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: You've got an awful lot on at the moment and these other things are doing their utmost to make their effects felt as well :-x :-x :-x And as we all know, it doesn't always take much to push us just that little bit too far, does it :shock: :shock: :shock: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:43 am

hi sue,

sorry you have got so much on at the moment. just try and get away from it all at the moment and go and have a lie down and a nap or watch some junk tv thats what i do.

you sound like your tribunal went as well as mine.

i rang them back in tears asking to speak to a decision , that reminds me they still haven't rang back. said i didnt want to go through it all again or appeal but could not understand why. the person i spoke to was really nicee and said ill get a decision maker to ring you and just have a quick loook, however you now what teh tsytme is like they never rang back but did get a letter syaing they were waiting for a report from my drs.

as i had been waiting so long for appeal sent a new claim in, got a no then went to above.

it is hard to keep having the strnegth and i was so angry and deflated at the time but now a couple of weeks on i am angry athat as you say you cant get a space in asda/tescos for all the disabled cars eveen though at tribunal they didn't liek idea iwent shopping with oh.

anyway sorry to rant - but take care adn we are all here for you.
:-) :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Once again cant add much to what has already been said, I would say wait a little while before reapplying as they will just use all the stuff from the last application. You could ring CAB/DIAL and ask for an assessment interview, they will go through everything with you and then tell you whether they think you have a case and then if you have, they will help you to complete the forms.

You need to maximise your chances and to do that you need help. :fingerscrossed: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Milosmum21 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:51 am

Thanks Guys, yeah i'm gonna wait until i get everything out of the way & settled down after my move then i will have time to re-assess it all myself & get proper help to do it this time :-D

Thanks yet again you are all such a great support
Sue x
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:46 pm

:xmaswave1: :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1: :xmastree1: :xmastree1: :xmastree1: :santchimney1: :santchimney1: :santchimney1: :rudolph: :rudolph: :rudolph: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

PreviousNext

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits