[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Disability Premiums

Disability Premiums

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Disability Premiums

Postby Sosolow » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:30 pm

Just wanted to post an update, I received a letter today from DWP with my new ESA rate. They back dated me to the 30th Sept and awarded me the new amount including the SDP :) Thank you once again!
Sosolow
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:04 am

Brilliant result :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:26 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yey!!!! :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Im so pleased i have helped some one and what a nice little bit of money for xmas !!! :twodrinking2:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Kyomii » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:20 pm

I am pleased you have been awarded, but please be aware that when your daughter becomes a non dependant they will take it away as she will be classed as an adult who is living with you. I know someone who's son is at Uni in the halls of residence and they have taken it off them as technically the halls of residence are classed as temp accommodation so for benefit purposes he is still classed as living at home .... Crazy!
Kyomii
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:17 pm

PLEASE NOTE:-

The government will be taking away the severe disability premium when they introduce the universal credit :evil:

They are thinking off attatching any premiums there after ONLY on people in the ESA SUPPORT GROUP

So thats 50 pound a week (on severe disability premium) that will be taken away!!!

Im lost for words how badly this will effect thousands of people :(
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby nutty1 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:01 pm

hi all,managed get on again .as some of you know i seperated from my oh for a 2nd time .had go live with my son as they could only give me b@b,and was concerned bout my health .anyways started sort out benefits and got form to fill i n for disability premiums .had had it in the past .so filled form in sent it back .today got the same form so rang explained had already sent it back .just a min woman says whilst i check your records .her reply was i cant receive it as living e
with my son ,so i said i was getting it with husband whats different and if that case why had they sent form to me again .her reply was incase i move out .so its not enough had leave cause of abuse ,i have lost everything .my son does housing big favour and cause he was worried bout me .just feel i being penalised yet again . :twisted: :twisted:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:15 pm

It's just not fair nutty, and the reason you were given is ridiculous :pull-hair: :pull-hair: :pull-hair: And as you ave already said, your son is doing them a big favour. If he hadn't been able to let you stay with him, they would be paying for you to live somewhere :facepalm: :facepalm: I think they all need a bit of :face-slap: :face-slap: :face-slap: :face-slap: :face-slap: to get some sense into them :waiting: :waiting:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dianamarie » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:58 am

hi, i am not sure wat to say as i am new to this site, i was diognoised with, M.E/IBROMYALGIA/CFS, nearly a year ago, i am gettin E,S,A but i only get £80 a fortnight, i am a single mum , i get child tax credit, child benefit, and maintaiance for my daughter, i was getting £120 ESA a forghtnight, they now have cut it to £80, wat else can i apply for as i do not work due to this illness, i also have I,B,S,and OSTEOARTHRITIS in my knee. :( . can u plz try and advise me on what to do next, many thanks, diana marie :-D
dianamarie
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:18 am

Hi diane & :welcome:

Have they given you a reason to why you only recieve minimal ESA? your tax credits/maintenance&allowence shouldnt effect the ESA :-?

Are you in receipt of DLA?

If not you can apply for Disability living allowence mobility & care if you need help & assistance with your mobility & care needs through the day or night.

The disability premiums are mainly attached to the DLA rates high & middle.

The DWP have a number to call to speak to a beneifits advisor they can help you more , check there website
*Lisa*

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:33 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/ ... led-people

The government and its new :pull-hair: system!!!
*Lisa*

Postby boxesgirl33 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:01 am

Hi after reading your post Lisa I asked for a form and I have been awarded this :) they backdated it from February:) so thank you so much LISA. Just out of interest how far back can they back date as I informed the gentleman from DWP that I've been on DLA sinec 2008 , he thought I was only on it from February hence why its been backdated from then. When I spoke to him on the Phone he did not know how far they can backdate from Will they back date from 2008? I am doubtfull as they seem releutant to back date money. I hope they will though think I might treat myself to a mobility scooter :)
boxesgirl33
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:08 am

:woot: :welldone: :welldone:

You should have this backdated from when you where awarded MRC so send in the DLA award asap with a headed letter explaining why.

Send it in special delivery (so no excuses they lost it) and :fingerscrossed:

Be warned, when the universal credit come in Octo 2013 th government are demolishing this entitlement.premium :shooting:

Apparently half a million disabled will be effected and will loose out on this 58pound a week benefit which was introduced to help/support disabled people for independant living!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Good luck and keep on there case as they dont like giving out moneys !
*Lisa*

Postby boxesgirl33 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Hi Lisa thanks i have sent them all off last friday and i am going to phone them on monday to find out i just dont want to be fobed off by them as you say i am intitled to this money all thanks to you Lisa i will keep you informed x Thanks again x
boxesgirl33
UKFM Member

Postby jennib54 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:43 pm

:-) Hi' thanks for putting this link on have had a look and filled in most of the questions asked.
will keep hyou upto date when i get the summary bqack.
i did'nt know about the disability premiums and still would'nt have known about it without your j
link
many thanks
rfegards :-D
jennib54
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:22 am

Lisa , thanks for this , don't think I am eligible as I have an OH who works part time plus claims a work pension.

Even if one person gets something it will be worth it...One of the things that really annoys me is when benefits are there to help people but the process is made so secretive or hard that no one even bothers trying!
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits