Atos medical

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Atos medical

Postby busy mummy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:24 am

Dont want to offend scartlass, but your post is not quite accurate.

You do need to send med certs all the time you are sick. Its a condition of recieving the benefit. If you stop sending med certs, they will stop paying you.

Sarah x
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Atos medical

Postby lrgatrell88 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:21 am

What happens if you fail the medical? Do they stop paying you the money? Sorry. I am thoroughly confused by this whole ESA thing! X
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Postby smiler22 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:32 pm

hi just wanted to say i feel the other post is ot quite true either. once you have been recieving sick or doctors notes for upto 28 weeks they will usually when you start on benefits eventually cant quite remember how quickly get you to fill out a med 4 form which the gp will also fill out. this is a once and for all sick note and in my case i havent had to send in any more sick forms as the med 4 covers you while your on any benfits. i went on benefits 2007. so it may have changed by now?????? i am in ib to esa now so just filled in form so hoping it will be good news. :elephant: :dogchasecat1:
live life to the full as life is what you make itxx
smiler22
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Im on Income WRA ESA and i do not need to give them any more medical certificates.

Soon as your awarded your ESA you no longer need to send any forms in. What they do instead is make you have an interview with the jobcentre roughly every 3months.

If your put into the support group you dont have any interviews or need to give in a certificate but you will be reviewed like the WRAG group roughly each year.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby scartlass » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:34 am

when i was awarded ESA by a tribunal, i sent one more medical cert to cover me for 28 days, incase the dwp appealed, after that i haven't sent in any med certs, I also phoned the esa department to confirm this for me, as i didn't want to give them any excuse to stop my money.
scartlass
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi everyone :wave:
My wait for that dreaded brown envelope has ended it arrived this morning I nervously opened it scared of what I might find to my surprise I have been awarded ESA and placed in the work related activity group.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Are you OK with being in the WRAG Bebbe?? They have put me in it, but I'm appealing the decision as it's in writing all over copies of letters they have that drs say I will not be able to work again. Just got to find a huu-mon being in the system that will look at things properly instead of from a target achieving point :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Bebbe » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi, I use to be a cleaning supervisor but I know I could never be a cleaner again I only worked 3 hrs a night but the repetitive bending and being on my feet was a killer for my back, I don't know what work I could do as I can't sit for long either so it will be interesting to see what they think I could do. I'm just pleased they didn't throw me off ESA
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:13 pm

I was glad in a way, what did me was they've tried to say that the things I provided only applied to my previous job (banking) :? :?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Bebbe » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:01 pm

I have received another appointment for Atos as I am being assessed every 6 months, what a pain in the butt and every where else fibro effects me :lol:
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby Ckirsty » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:26 pm

I had an Atos medical in December, it took them 3 months to give me their decision, that I was in the Wrag group. It's a total farce, I have been on incapacity benefit for 5 years, cannot function on a daily basis as I have other disabilities. My husband had to give up work to look after me , will they pay him a wage if they find work for me? He would have to come to work with me!
I am appealing the decision, my doctor has told me I will never work again , I know it would be impossible, unfortunately. Does the government seriously think that people would give up well paid jobs in order to be harassed and questioned about their personal lives for the sake of £360 a month? It just makes me mad.
Ckirsty
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits