ATOS previous medical biting me in the bum!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: ATOS previous medical biting me in the bum!

Postby Roseofsharon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Thanks Ldyalb however they did say no straight off, this is their re-consideration that is taking forever! I wrote a letter that was very polite, but had the undertones of telling them :nono: you haven't done your job properly! I enclosed photocopies of every consultant letter I had copies of, and told them everything I could think of as to how I am struggling. Oh well, just have to wait I suppose.....
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Let's hope you get a decent report from the Consultant and they finally see sense then :fingerscrossed:

No post at all came today so no brown envelopes to tell me my fate. It's like waiting for exam results :yikes: except worse. I just want to see what the ATOS Dr wrote about me and know whether or not I have to launch two appeals/an appeal/no appeals.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Roseofsharon » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:46 pm

:fingerscrossed: you get the right results twice. It's difficult but it's possible that they'll make the right difficult.

I would say that this is definitely worse than waiting for exam results. With exam results usually it's only a case of which work route we will take / university route. This is our whole lives that they are making decisions on. I hate this brown envelope feeling. I didn't worry about my exam results much. My heart sinks every time I see one on my mat. Oh well I guess that's what they want us to feel.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:27 pm

I have a feeling the ATOS medical will be the first 'exam' in my life I will have failed.

Even when I was convinced I wouldn't be able to go to Uni because I'd failed my Maths GCSE (passed by 2%, phew) I didn't feel this bad. I'd already formulated my back-up plan to become a hairdresser. No idea why I chose that - I'm Dyspraxic, I'd probably be a terrible hairdresser :lol:

I think that's why they have the brown envelope - so you see it on your doormat straight away and know it's the DWP :(
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits