has anyone got mobility for pain and discomfort not distance

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

has anyone got mobility for pain and discomfort not distance

Postby animalhouse » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:38 pm

why is it they are obsessed with distance you can walk.

in the guidelines it says if you are in extremem discomfort, but at tribunal, etc they seem to be obsessed with how far you can walk distance as oppose to how far before you experience discomfort.

how can you prove this, i sent loads in last time on my reapplication but still got a no.

i am fine on flat but any slight slope, steps, hills etc my steps reduce to literally one foot infront of other, i cannot stride or take larger steps and i am in so much pain - however being in pain as we know does not equate to stoppping or being slower. sometimes i walk quicker to try and get it over with as quicily as possible but i am screwing my face up in pain etc.

is this the impossible.

so you walk from a to b? sorry you can walk more than 50m. do you go shopppingk, oh you walk your kids to school, you go to a supermarket.

how do others do it - you go to a supermarket or town centre and the disabled parking spaces are fulll of people who have a blue badge and they walk with or without a stick, no many actually are in wheelchairs/mobility scooters - they are walking.

i think ages goes against you as so many who are 60ish seem to have mobility cars compared to someone younger trying to proove their quaility of life would be improved to have a mobility car with automatic gear controls, perhaps a bettter steering wheel, and swivel chair to get in/out.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Re: has anyone got mobility for pain and discomfort not distance

Postby war veteran » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:02 am

i got Fybromialgia at 19 now 23 i have mobility car and mobility scooter lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
they ask how far can you walk without being in (pain)
always answer on your worst these " :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: cocks :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: " dont give you points for trying i found out after leaving army with MD.
and never fill them out yourself get citezan advice to do it
war veteran
UKFM Member

Postby iandp » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:26 am

Hi Animalhouse,

I was turned down twice now for mobility, i'm awaiting my appeal, i don't leave the house other than to Dr's and just recently eye test, each of these times it's taxis door to door.

I am in pain 24 hrs, pain relief don't work, and my knees give way every couple of steps to different degrees each time, i have to have some1 to hold onto..

I would also just like to make a comment on what war veteran said, having CAB do your form does not automatically mean it will be accepted / approved, my dad was given 3 years to live with cancer and he was turned down 1st time, i don't think it matter to be honest, i think it is all down to the person who looks at your form and their interpretation of the information. Also by putting the worse senario as a everyday situation if it is not actually like that every day then you could be in trouble if found out.

It seems the only way we get what we need is by fighting for it. I totally agree with what you say about some other disabled ppl, they can walk far better and further than some of us and they get high rate mobility. Also, the termonolgy of what the form asks you and then what they say within your reply is totally different.

I got turned down cos my tests are clear (n yet there r not any test for FM) and i can apparently walk to places i don't know (i very rarely leave the house) so i don't walk anywhere.

Hope you get some where eventually with them, good luck.
iandp
UKFM Member

Postby war veteran » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:15 pm

i know its not certain but alot better than doing it yourself.

if you have the money go to a private doctor who specializes in fybromialgia, have a 2hr appointment and get him to write up a report you can then use that for more information when they deny your first claim. luckily i had one for a court case that i had to use when esa said i was perfically fit and able to work even though they sent me home half way through the medical as i was in to much pain to continue
war veteran
UKFM Member

Postby DJG88 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi

I don't know if it helps but my physio completed my forms for me, my doctor reviewed them and they were sent off. I had no problems.

Take care
D
DJG88
UKFM Member

Postby snowwhite1610 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:58 am

just an idea for anyone filling in these dreaded forms. if like me your memory is very bad it might be of help to photocopy all the pages of the dla form after you have filled it in. then if they get back to you with a negative response you can backtrack at what you originally wrote. it helped for me

good luck all xxxx
snowwhite1610
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits