ESA

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA

Postby tillyjane67 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Hi everyone
Was actually diagnosed by rheumatologist on thursday. Have been suffering from chronic abdo pain since 2003, along with depression, pains in legs, back, neck etc. I hadnt heard of Fibro and didnt mention all symptoms to my gp, as i thought maybe it was my age.
It was a Facebook friend who said it could be Fibro. I mentioned it to my dr, he did some blood tests and referred me to rheumy.

So ok... my question is this. I have been on ESA for around 3 yrs, for the abdo pain. I'm due to get a new sick note in 3 weeks. This will obviously now say i have Fibro... are the DWP now likely to call me in for medical, do you think?

Sorry if im being a bit thick... im still a little overwhelmed by it all

Tilly xx
tillyjane67
UKFM Newbie

Re: ESA

Postby Tricia_TD » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:01 pm

Could you ask your GP to write Abdo Pain & Fibro on the sick line? I don't know if that would help, but it would show that you still have the abdo pain, and that you now have fibro. You'd have to remind your GP to always write that on future sick lines.

I'm in sort of the same boat as you. I just got my DLA renewed, for depression and endometriosis problems, and was then dx with fibro. I don't know whether to let them know about the fibro, although I know that DLA is totally different to ESA.

Lots of luck with it.

Tricia
Endometriosis ~ Depression ~ Anxiety ~ Sleep Apnoea ~ Fibromyalgia

http://endosistersuk.freeforums.org/index.php Worldwide Endometriosis Support Forum
Tricia_TD
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:28 pm

I think tricia has the answer, writing the 2 on the reason line should cover it you would think :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sjc » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:23 pm

Hello, there.....Hope you are ok.

Depending on your symptoms and how they affect you, you can get Employment Support Allowance/Disability Living Allowance, even with fibromyalgia, depression, etc.......But make saw you read all the notes/criteria rules before applying to any better to see if you can meet them....

I have just been awarded ESA, and put on the support group, with having depression, fibromyalgia, aspergers, agoraphobia.....Still awaiting my decision letter to know the reasons why they awarded me esa - support group...

To look up further information on Employment Support Allowance, go to the following website....

[b]http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Illorinjured/DG_171894

Take care and all the best. :-D
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby tillyjane67 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Thank you for your replies :-) I hadn't thought of that, duh! :lol:
Yes, i shall make sure that he puts both on the sick note
tillyjane67
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits