ESA-Interview this week at Jobcentre

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Lisa21 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been put in the WRAG group for ESA and have been given a date for an interview at the Jobcentre with a Personal Adviser. It is due to take place this week, and I am concerned as to what it involves. Does anyone have any advice for me as I do not think I feel well enough to go for work with my various illnesses and problems.

Is there anything you have to take with you?

Will they send me for a medical as a result of this?

PLEASE HELP!
Fibromyalgia, Costochondritis, Hypermobility, Asthma, Crohn's Disease,PCOS, Vitamin D & B12 Deficiency
Lisa21
UKFM Member

Re: ESA-Interview this week at Jobcentre

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:15 pm

TI had a Work Focussed Interview last month. It was mainly to see how I was and discuss what was available in the form of training/funding should I be in a position in the next 3-6 months to consider the possibility of returning to work.

I was as wound up as heck about it, but the advisor I saw did all she could to make me comfortable and reassure me. She asked how I was etc, and let me know that funding and training was available should I be in a position in the next 3-6 months to consider a potential return to work.

Hopefully yours will be along the same lines as well :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:27 pm

try and stay as calm as you can
you will just feed your fibro by getting stressed :yikes:

they are only people not monsters :lol:

good luck :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby helen virgo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:55 pm

I had my interview last month and was very nervous about it.

It lasted about half an hour and she asked what my illnesses and disabilities were, what sort of meds I was on etc. She then asked about my qualifications and past employment history.

She told me I needed a 'purpose' in life. She's going to ring me at the end of this month to see if my health has improved!!! One piece of advice I would say is that she watched me very closely so be careful not to do anything that hurts you etc. I also found it helpful to re read the copy of the form I'd filled in for ATOS.

Good luck xxx

Good luck with your interview
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:09 am

I've not had one (currently awaiting my medical with ATOS, still waiting for the brown envelope) but I would second the others advice.

Don't stress about it, it'll probably be mainly discussing your current health and limitations, what you have done in the past, what kinds of jobs you might be interested in etc.

I would second Helen's advice though about re:reading your ATOS form, familiarise yourself with how much detail she may already know (if she's read the form) and what you feel she really does need to know about you and your Fibro etc. You could even jot down a list in advance of your main struggles, important points per condition etc to help you if your memory is bad. Doesn't hurt for them to see the difficulties you have in action with memory etc either.

Helen - I'd have been tempted to thump her for that one. She clearly slept through disability training 101: things not to say to disabled people. 'Purpose' in life is not just about paid work. Grr.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Lisa21 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi there,

Had ESA Interview last week, and she wants me to go to this Information Session this week. They apparently help people with health problems and disabilities support into work. She said I am on 12 months, and I do not have to go on this programme after this, but if I was given 3-6 months the next time I would be reassessed then I would HAVE to go on this programme. She is going to call me 2 days later to discuss this..

Has anyone else had to do this?

If so, what was it like?
Fibromyalgia, Costochondritis, Hypermobility, Asthma, Crohn's Disease,PCOS, Vitamin D & B12 Deficiency
Lisa21
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:20 pm

Havent heard of this one before so no help sorry, I'm sure someone else will have though
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Lisa21 wrote:Hi there,

Had ESA Interview last week, and she wants me to go to this Information Session this week. They apparently help people with health problems and disabilities support into work. She said I am on 12 months, and I do not have to go on this programme after this, but if I was given 3-6 months the next time I would be reassessed then I would HAVE to go on this programme. She is going to call me 2 days later to discuss this..

Has anyone else had to do this?

If so, what was it like?

I not heard of anyone else mention anything about an Information Session wonder if its a new thing. :dunno:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:00 pm

I've not heard of it either. About 6 weeks ago there were some stories about people on JSA being made to volunteer to go on some work experience programme so it sounds like maybe they are bringing in some new schemes for people on ESA and JSA.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits