Housing Benefit Change.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Housing Benefit Change.

Postby Roseofsharon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:11 am

If it's not bad enough that I have had to fight for ESA and now for my DLA, I have now had a letter through my door that single 25-34 year olds are no taking a cut in their housing benefit. In other words we are being forced into shared accommodation, or at least assessed on shared accommodation rates. That means that I will have nearly a 50% drop in my housing benefit. Something I cannot see my landlord agreeing to. I already know that my Fibro is getting worse, as is everything else. I need my little flat which is fully ground floor and small. I already need help around the house, and even the thought of having to deal with this is upsetting me.

Anyone else affected by this? I am going to go to both my local housing benefit office today and my local CAB. Anyone got any other advice? The last thing I want is to end up homeless.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Re: Housing Benefit Change.

Postby denys » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:16 am

:fingerscrossed: CAB and the housing people should have all the info you need and what you can do about this. I havent got any other suggestions for you unfortuantley just wish the government would pick on someone else for a change :( :( :( :( :(
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Housing Benefit Change.

Postby Lorrie82 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:34 am

I had a letter last year saying my housing benefit going down from June and I would have to find another £50 on top of the £100 I already have to put towards my rent. It's stupid. I like to know where they reckon we r suppose to get the money from. I'm a single parent. ever since I found out I was turned down ESA all I keep thinking is I don't want to lose my house. On the letter from housing they state suggestions 1- c if it landlord would reduce ur rent ( I know he won't) 2- find a cheaper property ( we have a shortage of houses) so answer to that is no again. So i know how u feel. Let me know how u get on wiv housing and cab.xxx
Lorrie82
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:41 am

Sorry, no other suggestions from me either :( :( You're doing the best thing in talking to CAB and housing people, hopefully they will be able to come up with a solution :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Roseofsharon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:53 pm

Well CAB will have to wait for monday as I have to get up to the CAB place for silly o'clock in the morning just to get an appointment for that day. Been to the housing people today, it appears that in order to get my rent I need to get medium rate care DLA. Well I'm already having to appeal for my DLA so that's all hairy fairy atm. Anyway I've got the form for discretionary housing payments to top up my rent. There's an unknown there whether or not I will get that. I have an appointment this afternoon with my doctor to get a doctor's letter to state that I need to stay where I am as I am in the best possible housing I can be: a studio flat that is practically a bungalow. I'm hoping that will help with my appeal to them to get the appropriate housing benefit.

I will keep you updated as to what happens from here. Thanks for the replies so far.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits