Job Seekers allowance, form filling in help.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Job Seekers allowance, form filling in help.

Postby tyrannosauRoss » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:10 pm

So I am signing back up today, and it's asking about my medical illnesses and sicknesses. When I last signed on they weren't much of an issue, but since things have really detiorated so I am mentioning them.
Currently I feel I am repeating myself and possibly providing too much information for the two sections, which seem similiar anyway.

I am just looking for advice on how to fill them in.

Sickness details
* Please could you tell us when the sickness started and the nature of the sickness?

Treatment details
* Please could you tell us when the treatment started and what the medical problem is

Above is the two sections. Now does chronic pain come under an sickness, which I am currently waiting a diagnosis of? And would prescribed painkillers for the pain come under treatment?
What about my depression? Under sickness again? This time it's currently going untreated! :yikes:
I also have issues with my liver (can't remember the term, but there's scar tissue and fat deposites on it) but this only requires a hospital visit every 6months, my latest is in feb when I will find out their next plan of action, if I am well enough to be let go or if I need more treatment or if it'll just be an other appointment in an other 6months. Do I mention this?

All these problems I don't have exact start dates for! And they've gotten worse over time too, for example pain started at the age of 10 and up untill recently (apart from the odd day) it was more or less a non issue, I was happy to live an active life style and job, just had to take things easy when I needed to.

I will most likely phone up and ask, but wondering if anybody can provide any insight into things?
tyrannosauRoss
UKFM Member

Re: Job Seekers allowance, form filling in help.

Postby Roseofsharon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:16 pm

All of what you've mentioned come under "sickness". Don't worry if you don't know exact dates of when things started, just give as close approximates that you can. THe main thing the Job centre are trying to see is how these things affect you and what help you may need in getting back to work. It's good to put as much details as you can down. It will help in the long run. As for treatment yes painkillers are a form of treatment.

I hope that helps.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:30 pm

Everything Roseofsharon said.

Just explain you've been identitifed as having a Chronic Pain condition but don't have a formal diagnosis yet to confirm which chronic pain condition you have. If your Drs have said it's most likely Fibro then you could say that although you don't have a formal diagnosis yet, you do have a provisional diagnosis of Fibromyalgia and then explain what that is.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby tyrannosauRoss » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks guys, will need to try and squeeze it all in to the 258character limit they have :crazy:
tyrannosauRoss
UKFM Member

Postby busy mummy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:38 am

Hey Ross

Are you referring to the latter pages of the form?

If so, please , to the question 'are you currently sick?' do not answer yes!!! This will exclude you immediately from JSA as you cant claim when you are sick. By all means tell of treatment and long term health problems , this gives you access to the Disability Advisor.

Sarah x

Jobcentre advisor 1998 - 2010
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Postby tyrannosauRoss » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:29 pm

busy mummy wrote:Hey Ross

Are you referring to the latter pages of the form?

If so, please , to the question 'are you currently sick?' do not answer yes!!! This will exclude you immediately from JSA as you cant claim when you are sick. By all means tell of treatment and long term health problems , this gives you access to the Disability Advisor.

Sarah x

Jobcentre advisor 1998 - 2010

C**p on a stick!
I honestly can't remember. :(
Last edited by denys on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language
tyrannosauRoss
UKFM Member

Postby tyrannosauRoss » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:08 am

Sorry about my language, different forums have different levels of language.

Looks like I haven't messed up my rapid reclaim interview is on thursday.
tyrannosauRoss
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:45 am

:goodluck2: with it Ross :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:44 pm

:goodluck1: Ross :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tyrannosauRoss » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Cheers guys, I want to get back out there and working.
tyrannosauRoss
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits