Finally have a medical date

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Finally have a medical date

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:26 pm

ATOS just rang me back. Spoke to some bloke who again, wanted me to go to Boston. I explained I've already told his colleague why I can't do Boston (6 hour round trip on 2 buses each way) and that she was meant to be organising it for Kings Lynn but hasn't called me back.

It's on Sat 28th Jan in Lynn which isn't too bad - Mum won't have to take time off work and Dad can come too so we'll have the use of his Blue Badge.

Feeling stressed again but not as bad as on Tuesday. My Counsellor said yesterday that my extreme physical reaction to the last call (legs turned to jelly and I felt ill for about 3 hours afterwards) coupled with a history of fainting when distressed, having tinnitus when distressed, wetting myself etc throughout my childhood shows that stress manifests itself in my body, even if my mind doesn't actually feel that stress.

Got to put myself through re-reading the ESA50 form. I do wonder if the ATOS 'Drs' even read them before the medicals?
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Re: Finally have a medical date

Postby iandp » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:42 pm

:goodluck1: and hope it's a positive outcome for you
iandp
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:26 pm

:goodluck2: I hope you don't have the trauma of appealing like so many of us seem to!!!! Routing for ya! :goodluck2:
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Hope it goes the right way for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:14 pm

Hope they get it right for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:55 am

I feel better knowing when it is, hopefully I'll have a DLA decision before then so that if the medical doesn't go in my favour at least it won't then prejudice my DLA claim. But I'm not holding my breath lol.

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Atom » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Have a look at this with regard to travel times:

5.5 The CONTRACTOR shall ensure that any Claimant is not required to travel for more than
ninety (90) minutes by public transport (single journey) for an examination, unless previously
agreed with the Claimant, with the exception of Regional Consultant examinations (or the
Service Personnel & Veterans Agency in which case the CONTRACTOR shall use all
reasonable endeavours to ensure that any Claimant is not required to travel for more than
ninety (90) minutes by public transport (5ingIe journey) far an examination, unless previously
agreed with the Claimant.

It comes from this site: http://www.whywaitforever.com/dwpatoscontract.html

It is part of the contract between ATOS and the DWP.
Atom
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:55 pm

Good to know they couldn't have forced Boston on me. Luckily Lynn on a Saturday means a 10 min drive which is much better than 3 hours each way!

I knew if I went to Boston I'd fail the medical just for having made the journey, making attending the appointment an exercise in futility.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits