Another article re: ATOS

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another article re: ATOS

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:14 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/ ... CMP=twt_gu

"I had a full blown panic attack in front of an Atos assessor and was so distressed that the receptionist refused to let me travel home alone and called me a cab. I got zero points for mental health and was passed 'fit for work'.

That was after I'd asked for a female assessor (as one of the reasons I'm claiming is for PTSD and other mental health issues after rape), was refused on the day and told if I didn't see the male assessor that my benefits would be stopped without appeal. Terrified I'd end up losing my flat, we soldiered through the assessment , getting the receptionist check online for a Polish-English translation of 'gallbladder' (the other reason I'm claiming) as the assessor didn't know what it was, only for me to freak out completely when he insisted on examining me physically without a chaperone. Despite sobbing and panicking during the exam, he then informed me that because I'd let him touch me, I was obviously lying about being raped and therefore couldn't have any of the mental health issues I said I had because I'd been raped. I was so distressed I don't really remember getting home and was affected for weeks, having to have my meds increased by the doctor.

Just to top it off, he gave me zero points for physical health as well and I had to appeal, leaving me in a financial black hole for months and very grateful for my overdraft"

And that is now officially THE worst thing I've read about ATOS. That man should be struck off as a Nurse, Physio, Dr, whatever he is.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Re: Another article re: ATOS

Postby MCT » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:16 am

I'll try and find the article but there are, apparently, a number of doctors under investigation by the GMC over their (mis)conduct during Atos medicals.
MCT
UKFM Member

Re: Another article re: ATOS

Postby Ldyalb » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:06 pm

I saw that article too, some have already been struck off I believe. It's funny how they all seem to have forgotten their Hippocratic Oath.

I can't believe that in a few weeks I'll almost certainly be told that a 'Doctor', Nurse or Physiotherapist has been allowed to decide in around 20 minutes that there is nothing wrong with me. I wonder which University offered a medical degree course which enabled them to have more expertise than my GP, two Rheumatologists, my Counsellor, my Neurologist, my Neuropsychologist, my Physiotherapist, my Hydrotherapist and my Handtherapist?

Gah, it's insane.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits