IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE ESA/DLA APPEALS

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE ESA/DLA APPEALS

Postby MCT » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:32 am

While doing some Twitter campaigning for the Responsible Reform (Spartacus) Report I came across an email from the Benefits and Works website which contained the following members only information:

"Claimants employment and support allowance (ESA) and disability living allowance (DLA) appeals can now be withdrawn simply by a decision maker telling a tribunal clerk, without providing any evidence whatsoever, that the claimant told them on the telephone they no longer wished to carry on. The shock change to the principle that appeals can only be withdrawn by the claimant themselves, and only in writing, was introduced last month in a bid to reduce the growing backlog of appeals."

Someone from the Spartacus campaign has found another online version of it: http://www.limbcare-parliament.org/

I think it is very important that anyone who is in or who is likely to be in the appeal process for either ESA or DLA should be aware that mistakes could be made and you may not be able to prove that you really didn't make that phone call!!!
MCT
UKFM Member

Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE ESA/DLA APPEALS

Postby iandp » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:45 am

Hi

i've just read this and the link info, just another example of the government/DWP being 2 faced, deceiving & lieing and what ever else.

I think everyone who is in the "Appeal" situation should write into DWP and firmly and formally that they have no intention of stopping their appeal.

Yes it may clog their post rooms up, and their desks, but then they might get the message that they can't just dump us on the scrap heap.

Also write to our MP's and inform them of the disgraceful attitude we are being treated with.
iandp
UKFM Member

Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION RE ESA/DLA APPEALS

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:41 pm

I saw this on twitter too. Almost fainted - this is absolutely appalling!
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits