No Data Protection

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

No Data Protection

Postby MCT » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 am

Just when you thought thing were bad along comes another bombshell - be prepared to be shocked! :yikes:

No Data Protection for Sick and Disabled

A few months ago - again, thanks to FOI requests - we found that the forms we must fill in to apply for ESA (Employment and Support Allowance or "sickness benefit") were not all opened by Atos, the private company in charge of "assessing" our ability to work. Instead, they were being opened in a Royal Mail sorting office and sent on. . . .

http://diaryofabenefitscrounger.blogspo ... l?spref=tw

It's a complete & utter disgrace! :twisted:
MCT
UKFM Member

Re: No Data Protection

Postby denys » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:23 am

Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: No Data Protection

Postby Ldyalb » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:11 pm

This isn't fully the same issue, this is about how the DWP are using ESA medicals to reject DLA claims as well.

Madness, DLA is a completely different benefit to ESA, it's perfectly possible for someone to claim DLA and to be fit for work. Someone with no legs for example could be eligible for HRM and LRC/MRC and still be able to work. So they shouldn't be using ESA medicals to reject DLA, they should be different medicals.

I'm still waiting for my brown envelope to tell me if I'm going to get DLA or not. Had a letter a week ago saying my claim had been received so not sure if no news is good news, or bad news.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits