For all those interested is not good news, voting in the house of lords done,
and government seems to have won, can get full report on guardian site,
sad sad comments on there :( dont know what to say really, or, rather
I do, but it would'nt be good :evil:
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Re: DLA reforms

Postby boatwoman » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:51 pm

I echo those sentiments, i am lucky at the moment to have DLA, but am under appeal from having my ESA stopped by Atos, those of us with illnesses such as fibromyalgia will find it very hard if not impossible to get the support that we need and deserve :!:
boatwoman
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibrosufferer40 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:25 am

boatwoman wrote:I echo those sentiments, i am lucky at the moment to have DLA, but am under appeal from having my ESA stopped by Atos, those of us with illnesses such as fibromyalgia will find it very hard if not impossible to get the support that we need and deserve :!:

hello, i also scored 0 points and lost my appeal, hence i had my esa stopped, this forced me too look for a job, to which i only lasted a matter of weeks! i literally have now become far worse and so much more incapable of doing every day tasks, like walking, using my memory etc. work currently pay me ssp, howwever this is due too end in a matter of weeks, so i don't know what will happen then. I don't think it's right that a person associated with the benefits agency can say if i'm fit too work etc, if my own G.P clearly say's i'm not.

this government in opinion is a complete joke :-x
fibrosufferer40
UKFM Newbie

Postby MCT » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:39 am

I spent most of today (and the last 7 days) tweeting & emailing support for #spartacusreport - used up my quota for both today (didn't know hotmail & twitter had daily limits!).

16 Votes the amendment was lost by!!! Baroness Grey-Thompson says she was near to tears when she had to withdraw one of her amendments - I don't think she was the only one.

The battle may be lost but the war continues!
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:07 pm

The war definitely continues, yesterday was crushingly sad BUT the disabled community of this country are increasingly organised, cohesive and determined to fight for our rights. The Spartacus Report has gone viral on twitter and shown many people who aren't personally affected by disability just how low disability fraud is (0.5%, lower than for any other benefit) and how up to 500,000 genuinely disabled people will lose support when PIP replaces DLA.

We've now had FOUR favourable articles in the Daily Mail, 3 from Sonia Poulton and 1 from Suzanne Moore. At the weekend an article complaining that DLA has trebled since it was introduced (as if it would shrink, any benefit's numbers rise over time as more people know about it! Duh) was bombarded with comments mentioning the Spartacus Report and how many disabled people are struggling to get DLA, despite having substantial mobility or care needs.

Alone we whisper, together we shout. Disabled people are here and we're not going to go away.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby cherrybee » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:42 am

.excellent interview on BBC This week, Jaqui Smith just gone up in my
estimation. Guardian carrying some brilliant info especially comment from
hhtp:www.guardian.co.ukdiscussion/comment/permal
cherrybee
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits