[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Recently Been Turned Down for DLA at Renewal? - Please Read!

Recently Been Turned Down for DLA at Renewal? - Please Read!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Recently Been Turned Down for DLA at Renewal? - Please Read!

Postby barrryg » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:37 pm

well i phoned up for a change of surcamstes form as suggested , i was told on the phone it would arrive in about ten days , they also said depending on there decision when they process my form that i could either , recieve more money , recieve less (dont know how as im on the lowest anyway haha) or stop getting it at all , talk about making you feel good eh , oh well at least ive got about half a bible to fill in to look forward too . id also like to know how they think anyone would give me a job on the amount of medication im on , i struggle to remember what i did 5 minutes ago , still they know best eh , i appreciate the help everyone.
barrryg
UKFM Newbie

Postby Saffi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:25 pm

I was told I'm not entitled to DLA. I am appealing the decision as they wouldnt contact my consultant and as he got me a Blue Badge I am hoping he will push them too.
the internet is a lot like Ancient Egypt... people writing on walls and worshipping cats
Saffi
UKFM Member

Postby AJay71 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:52 pm

This all really worries me.

I applied for DLA 7 years ago and got turned down. Was told I'd not been disabled long enough! I just accepted it and did not appeal even although I had had mobility issues since early '90s.

April '12 I lost the proper use of my left ARM and hand together with the worsening of my walking. So I decided to try DLA again. I had a DLA doctor visit my home in June and was awarded it in July. Overjoyed I started to look into the Motobility scheme. I need a high up automatic car. Which I ordered in August but is still not here!
My big worry now is.... Motobility is a contract to lease for 3 years, granted as long as you have been awarded higher rate mobility DLA for at least 12 months.

Looking at the small print.... if I fail my renewal... I am still contractually obliged to pay the lease agreement.

I will be up for renewal in April 2014, I may have only had the car for 12 months! If they bump me off high rate mobility I have no idea how I am going to afford to keep the car... and I can't afford a legal battle to break the contract!

I don't even have it yet and I am already regretting signing up for it.

Is anyone else in this situation? And have you read the small print in the Motobility scheme contract?Scary stuff.....

AJay xXx
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe
AJay71
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Ajay if you dont get better then you shouldnt worry about renewals as your condition hasnt changed :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby AJay71 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. - Goethe
AJay71
UKFM Member

Re: Recently Been Turned Down for DLA at Renewal? - Please R

Postby jeanettezl600 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:24 pm

I have been refused DLA. This is not a renewal, But I would Like your opinion. I applied for DLA last April. 2 weeks later I got a letter back saying I was refused, so I put an appeal in. Throughout this time I kept submitting extra evidence. Eventually I went to a Tribunal, nearly a year later.(on my own, not wisest move, my mother came with me for support). I was refused again, as they said I could walk. I was totally ripped apart in the tribunal, I came out in tears. They don't seem to have taken into account that I am in pain all the time, I walk slow and have to keep stopping. I have applied to the judge for the written particulars, nothing back yet and I only have 10 days to ask for an extention. Do they do this on purpose. Also I found out PIPs came into force the week before my tribunal, which I think had more of a bearing on the decision. Also I was never asked to go for a medical. Why? I have an appointment with citizens advice on Monday. Wish me luck.
jeanettezl600
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:22 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:05 pm

AJAY71, Unless the mobility scheme has recently changed its criteria (within last 7 days)I understand that you are not contractually obliged to keep on with the contract should you fail to gain the equivalent of HRC with DLA.
Should a person fail to get a renewal of thier allowance they should contact Mobility /or their dealer and arrange to send car back. You will then get back pro rata any pre payment you might have made for the car.

Good luck.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby funnylady » Sun May 03, 2015 11:20 am

HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE FIBROMYALGIA ON THIS TURNED DOWN FOR DLA.
funnylady
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits