[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - ESA medical report

ESA medical report

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA medical report

Postby Woodentop » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Well, as some of you know I had my medical and got no points. I requested my medical report and it arrived today - what a load of ********.
The woman that did my assessment was a physio, but she obviously has no understanding of fibro as she claims I am only affected in my shoulders, neck and arms.Also no mention of muscles, just joints, which is obviously completely wrong. She made no mention whatsoever of chronic fatigue and the effect it has on me. I was waiting at the time to see the rheumy, my appointment with him was for the week after. This was for suspected rheumatoid arthritis and I have been in a lot of pain which has turned out not to be fibro. She actually wrote in the report that I was going to see him to eliminate RA ( he obviously has a magic wand ). There were so many things that were wrong with the report I am now in the process of highlighting them so I can remember them when I fill in the appeal form.

I thought that the decision makers were the one's to decide the outcome- at least that's what we're told, but right at the end she recommends that I can be back at work in 3 months, or possibly less. Conveniently, that coincides with the 13 week appeal time so probably everyone gets told the same.

Also, so much on the report is repeated page after page. All the things she says I can do were listed over and over again. I believe this is a way of brainwashing the DMs, because, let's face it, if you read the same thing over and over it will stick in the brain - a bit like when you revise for an exam. By the end of it they are only going to remember those bits. There was no mention of the condition varying, which I know from seeing their handbook they have to take into consideration and she also thinks that what I was like on the day is how I am every day ( apparently I showed no discomfort during the physical examination - not much I didn't!!!! ) I was ill for two days afterwards.

I have also been cured of high blood pressure and kidney disease - which is not very likely. I really am fighting fit!! All the medical professionals I see are obviously miracle workers! Perhaps you would all like their contact details so we can all feel wonderful.
There is so much wrong I could go on and on and it's a long enough post already. I just need the energy to fight and I will find it from somewhere because when people tell out and out lies and make me feel that I'm the liar it makes me furious ( there goes the blood pressure again )

I just wonder how long ATOS and the government can get away with this for. :swear1:
Woodentop
UKFM Member

Re: ESA medical report

Postby sjc » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi there, sorry to hear about your nil points with your medical....definately appeal against, and hope you get what you deserve.....I know alot of people going through the same issue as you with not getting esa for fibromyalgia reasons....me personally, i was awarded esa but not for fibromyalgia, but for another condition.....so it makes me wonder who does get esa for fibromyalgia, if you know what i mean.....I am tempted to right to the department of work and pensions, to see how many esa claimants there are out there who claim and get benefits for fibromayalgia and similiar conditions.....All the best to you and take care....xxxx :-D
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:54 pm

I'd like to be first in the queue to see your miracle working health care people Woodentop as I want to feel as wonderful as you no doubt are :shock: :shock: :shock: Everyone else can form a disorderly queue behind those barriers that only lets one thru at a time :-x :-x :-x

All these assessors seem to be trained in is writing fantasy stories, can't be anything else as someone who lives in the real world would comment when someone is in obvious discomfort when sitting :evil: :evil: :evil:

I found out a little of what was written in my fairy story when I had to attend a WFI while I was waiting to hear about my appeal regarding the group I was put in. I dread to think what other garbage was written as the little I was told was the complete opposite of what I had both written on my form and gave as my answers during the assessment :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Try to keep fighting on, we're all :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for you getting the right decision you deserve :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:07 am

My Medical is tomorrow morning. I'm actually intrigued to see which of my ailments will vanish overnight for me.

Luckily my Rosacea has caused a nasty bout of Blepharitis. I kind of wish it was Conjunctivitis though as the latter is contagious, which Blepharitis isn't.

Good idea to highlight - scan it and make backed up digital copies. The only good thing with the ridiculous errors is that they're easier to point out and fight.

Good luck, I'll update sometime tomorrow post medical. I think I'll be joining you soon Woodentop as someone going through the appeals process :(
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby war veteran » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:22 am

if you need medical for esa get your doctor to say u need home visit then they need provide an independent dr to examine you not 1 of there &^%*£s if he messes up examination his job is gone you have to remember these "examiners" job is to get people off benefit
war veteran
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:42 pm

MCT
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:13 pm

I wish your MP was my MP! He sounds awesome :)

I've just had my medical but on Monday I'll ring and request a copy of the report to be sent to me as soon as it's available and I'll get sorted with going through it asap so that when I did the dreaded 'nil points' letter I'll be prepared with what's wrong.

It makes me so angry how the system works. Mum got annoyed today (she came with me) - I've been under the care of:

Countless GP's
Two Rheumatologists
A Neurologist
A Neuropsychologist
A Counsellor
A Physiotherapist
A Hydrotherapist
A Hand Therapist

Yet some Dr who doesn't know me from Adam can overrule all of their medical opinions in just 25 minutes with me. It's insane.

Most of us have a medical history littered with medical issues - do they seriously think we can all fool loads of different Drs each? And in your DP's case MCT - how is he supposed to have faked Ultrasounds and X Rays of his joints? RA is either there, or it isn't. You can't fake that kind of thing!

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Woodentop » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:44 pm

Thanks for all your replies - if sheer weight of numbers could get ATOS sorted we would have them battered into submission by now. I have found yet more discrepancies in my medical report and on the forms they send you which tells you what points they have awarded I have noticed that they didn't even get a doctor's report. First thing on Monday I'll be making an appointment with him and hope I'll get his backing for the appeal. Also, I now have the definite diagnosis from the rheumy for inflammatory arthritis - most likely rheumatoid -so that will also go down on the appeal form. At the moment my pain levels are sky high and I'm sure it's down to all this stress.
Ldyalb - I have everything crossed for you - it would make me feel much better if you get a good result and it would give us all so much hope :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Woodentop
UKFM Member

Postby Woodentop » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:47 pm

A PS to my last post - I'm going to get in touch with my MP and I hope he's as good as the other one sounds.
Woodentop
UKFM Member

Postby scartlass » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:40 pm

I got my medical report, i did get six points which was amazing, and like you say the same thing was repeated over and over again
Took jacket off with out any proplem.........didn't have one on
managed the stairs no problem........used the lift, so no stairs
took shoes off and put them back on, no problem.........did not remove my shoes
stayed sitting for 50 minutes (it lasted 40 min)......i had to stand up 3 times
had no problem opening door (those heavy one's).....he had to open the door as i could not pull it, and he opened the other 2 doors i had to go through
and so it goes on and on

so i'm fighting fit it seems, but no one has told my body that yet, can't wait to jump out of bed one morning with out an ache or a pain and it will all be thanks to Atos the miracle workers, i think even people that don't get benefit should pay a visit to Atos, it would save the NHS loads of money and we would all be fit and well, at least while we are having the Atos medical anyway.
scartlass
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:04 pm

I'm convinced all the repetition on the report is a not so subtle form of hypnosis aimed at the Decision Maker.

I think they work on the premise that if they keep telling the same lies often enough they'll convince you they're actually telling the truth!

:nono:
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:53 pm

So sorry to hear about your assesment with Atos, what idiots they really are.
I have had nothing but problems with these waste of space for years and I'm still employed :roll: :roll:
Heaven knows what problems I'm facing if I have to claim ESA too.

Lola xx

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Woodentop » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:44 pm

I have made up my mind that tomorrow I start on the appeal form - only got about 10 days to do it now. A big group hug for all of us going through this at the moment :grouphug:
Woodentop
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Seconded!

:grouphug:

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits