More articles from the Guardian

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: More articles from the Guardian

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Thanks for the Heads up MCT. A very different picture to the daily mail where an article about the same issue basically says it's the fault of disability charities that people hate the disabled. All decent comments there, like someone talking about their terminally ill Son and the fight for his benefits are being red arrowed.

It makes me sick to the core.

I strongly believe that one day humanity will look back at this period of history and judge it very harshly. And the DWP and the Media have a LOT to answer for.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Ldyalb » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

http://www.disabilityhatecrime.org.uk/i ... -a-figures

I haven't fully explored this site, found it linked on the Guardian comments (I really wish the Daily Mail allowed long comments like the Guardian does, and allowed links to other sites).

Thought it might be of interest.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby tyrannosauRoss » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:51 pm

So these posts inspired me to post them on facebook with my own "mini" blog on the subject. I know I may get judged on here since I am one of the people that currently go "why do they get to park, what's wrong with them" but that's due to....well have a read!

I admit that I am a judger when some-one parks up. I also walk along past parked cars making sure they all hold a blue-badge.
Partly through fear that one day I may join them, partly through jealousy that today isn't that day and I have to limp and hobble from the back of the car park to make sure I have a spot wide enough to enable me to comfortably get out. Meanwhile I see "healthy" people waltzing into store and old people that think old equals disabled. And with pain of every step I contemplate just turning around and heading home questioning what these people have wrong with them, if it's something un-obvious like myself or if they are the scroungers. The one's causing the grief and hatred from the public. The public that one day I may shy away from and revert back to parking at the back of the car park through fear of getting judged, harassed and insulted myself.
tyrannosauRoss
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits