Brown envelope - but no news

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Brown envelope - but no news

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:21 am

Post arrived a few minutes ago, there it was - a brown envelope. I was pleased thinking that I would finally have more info re: ESA or DLA. There was also another, handwritten letter for me with the postcode of the town which deals with my benefit claim. I guessed that letter might be my medical report.

Well the handwritten one was a note from the CAB informing me they've moved offices. The brown envelope was from the DWP about ESA, it mentioned an increase in money. I was hopeful and flicked through several pages to find the amount - £53.45 is now going to be £56.25 from 9 April. Wow, thanks Dave. I'll try not to spend that extra £3 a week all at once.

What a waste of a brown envelope. Got all het up for nothing! I've had to cancel my Counselling today as my legs are too bad to risk the ice with so I was hoping that if I got 0 points I could at least use the day to launch my appeal. When I requested my medical report a week ago last Monday they said to ring and chase if I haven't got it by the end of this week. So if it's not here by lunch tomorrow I'm ringing.

I just want to know! :-x :-x :-x
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Re: Brown envelope - but no news

Postby Roseofsharon » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:06 pm

:hugs: I know that feeling it's like you've been totally let down. I had my increase letter yesterday, I was going through it with a fine tooth comb to see exactly what I would be getting in relation to know (I have a few loans being paid out of mine).

:fingerscrossed: no news is good news and that you can soon :tongueout: on hear at the DWP.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby war veteran » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:55 pm

glad see there increasing all yours there decreasing mine lol and i get bonus from support group lol
war veteran
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:07 pm

I do feel let down. I've been waiting for over a week for that brown envelope, and then it came and was virtually nothing. It's the 9th of February - why do I need to know NOW that the basic assessment rate for my age group increases in 2 months time? Tell me then, and preferably have me in the WRAG and on more money!

War Veteran - that's not good :( Can I ask you a Question though? I know you're also 23 so under the magical age of 25 which entitles you to the full amount of money. I know that I get the assessment rate at £15 less a week than a person aged 25. Does that also apply to you? Do you get the full amount of the money that others in the Support Group get? Or do you still get £15 less?

The CAB man I saw didn't seem to know whether or not I'd still get less money if I passed my medical, or the same as everyone else who has passed the medical and is in the same group as me.

I'm 24 in June, I fail to see why I need less money now than I will need in 16 months time when I've been 25 for 4 days :roll:

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:29 pm

http://www.welfarerights.net/benefits-g ... -Allowance

Finally managed to find a straight answer about that online. Most sites only discuss being over 25. Because young people can't be sick or disabled you know.

If they're giving us the full amount after the medical it does rather make you wonder why we get less during the assessment phase. Effectively being penalised for having been born in the late 80s or more recently.

Please excuse me whilst I go and berate my Mother for not having given birth to me in 1986, instead of 1988. I think she and Dad owe me £15 a week - if they hadn't waited until 1987 to decide to have a child I wouldn't be in this situation :nono:

Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits