The Express has actually written a decent article!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The Express has actually written a decent article!

Postby Ldyalb » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:28 pm

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/303 ... appraisals

Goodness gracious - an article explaining how ineffective the money spent on ATOS is and it's in a tabloid paper!

I love the example of the person described as being able to hear because he went to his appointment when called. It's just the perfect example of how little common sense is used in the whole process of disability benefits!
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Re: The Express has actually written a decent article!

Postby Woodentop » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Yes, I read the article and just couldn't believe that at last the media is seeing the situation as it really is. I want to hug that journalist!! : :hugs: :clap:
Day after day there are obnoxious journalists writing appalling articles about benefits, but this lady tells it like it is about ATOS and the chaos they are causing. What we need now is the politicians to read it, but I don't suppose it's the sort of paper they'd read. Deep down, I think they know the system is wrong, but they won't admit it.
Woodentop
UKFM Member

Re: The Express has actually written a decent article!

Postby shortnsweet54 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:25 pm

Having been there done that with the wretched Atos, I am shocked at the amount of money paid to them. A BILLION Pounds by the end of the contract!!!!!. And it's not even going to an English company...they sure are laughing all the way to the bank. It sickens me to think where this money could have been spent. Maybe helping those they so dismally do not assess correctly. This is a shambolic system that should be exposed for what it is. The news is full of "Sick Benefit Scroungers", yet they never print the full story of how you are forced onto certain benefits by the government rules and regulations. About time someone took the lead on this disgraceful Atos system and the total waste of money it is. Wonder where this article will lead....hmmm nowhere me thinks. However, as we with Fibro must say, hope springs eternal. :-) Good luck and painfree days to all xx
shortnsweet54
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits