esa medical update

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

esa medical update

Postby newey » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi all I dunno if iv put this in the right place
I had my esa medical 2day which I was dreadin as never been 2 one b4 but got everythin I possibly could I got medical notes and all documents I could I also wrote a letter in my own words explainin how my condition effects my everyday life and also my family which the lady was really interested in and actually read it all and talked about parts of it with me which really helped.
She then wanted me 2 do the leg lifts and then asked me 2 tuck my legs up and get my knees as far as I could 2 my chin which hurt so much it actually made me cry which she could really c I was in real pain she was very apoligiestic then asked me 2 show her how I would pick up somethin I dropped on floor which after havin 2 tuck my legs up made it exstremly painful I ended up havin 2 get right down on my bum as soon as I was down she said get omg the pain the head spin I almost fell back down again at that point she ended the assessment and carried on askin a few quesations I was only in there about 15 mins so I'm hopin it all goes ok just gotta wait for the dreaded brown letter.
I'm now in absolute agony after the hour drive there the walk 2 office then her messin me about then walkin back 2 car and the hour return journey home so warm bath and early nite 4 me x
newey
UKFM Member

Re: esa medical update

Postby shazq » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:44 pm

:goodluck1: Newley. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Good luck with it, :fingerscrossed: you get the right outcome.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby suenew » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Good luck, i know exactly what you mean im due to have a medical anytime soon.This will be my 3rd year 3rd medical ,i failed my last 2 had to go to a tribunal ,felt like a liar and a scrounger.it was very daunting,i won both appeals. Dreading going through this farce again.
suenew
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Hope you get the right decision :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tentimes » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:23 pm

I hope it goes well. If for some reason the bean counters say no, don't panic, just get some help and appeal it. Hopefully that won't be necessary in your case, but some of us have had to appeal and get it at the second chance :lol:
tentimes
UKFM Member

Postby newey » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Well they FAILED me said I was fit for work & gave me 0 points I can't believe it so appeal here I come :( my doctor can't believe it either
newey
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:28 pm

Sorry to hear that :hugs: good luck with your appeal, a lot of people are getting poor decisions overturned at appeals so :fingerscrossed: you will get the right outcome.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby animalhouse » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:32 pm

appeal and go through the medical carefully and explain where it went wrong.

i appealed but was lucky did not have to turn up on day, the judge had a quick look that morning and passed me so they rang and said no need to come in.

good luck and take care. :-) :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby MCT » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:36 pm

newey wrote:Well they FAILED me said I was fit for work & gave me 0 points I can't believe it so appeal here I come :( my doctor can't believe it either

Check out this sticky on what to do next viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12541

It's my husband's appeal next week!
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby Woodentop » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:50 pm

Welcome to the 'failed club' newey, of which I too am a member. Ask them for a copy of your medical report and when you get it go through it with a fine toothcomb. I read mine several times as my foggy brain doesn't take in things easily and kept finding things wrong with it. I ended up sending six extra pages of information with my appeal form - mostly about things that were said about me or that I could do which were total lies. The whole assessment was a farce. I am now waiting for the result. Of course, the longer they keep us in that club the better for them - they are paying out less money! Bear in mind, that you don't have to go on to Jobseekers Allowance, although they will push this. You can ask to go onto the assessment rate of ESA, which is the same money as JSA, but without the need to go to the jobcentre regularly. However, on the assessment rate ESA you have to send in sick notes until they've made the decision on your appeal. :goodluck2:
Woodentop
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:09 pm

:goodluck1: with your appeal.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits