esa medical ?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

esa medical ?

Postby carolj » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi all i have been placed in the wrag group and i have my first advisor appointment on the 6th march, i was wondering if any one can tell me will i still have to have a medical even though i have already been placed in wrag group. xx
carolj
UKFM Member

Re: esa medical ?

Postby fionarodriguez » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:47 pm

Hiya carolj
I have benn on esa for nearly 3 yrs and always been on wrag and you still have meedicals every yr. This yr when i had my medical i did not have to appeal for my condition was worse than last yr but i am going to appeal to get put on the support group, because when april comes any one on wrag will have their beneefit stopped but if on support group you keep your benefit.
fionarodriguez
UKFM Member

Postby xMandiex » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi fionarodriguez,

Just wondering where you found out about the people in wrag having their money stopped in april? I only ask because I am in the assessment phase of ESA, and obviously this is worrying me, as I could be put into the wrag, only to have my money stopped a few weeks later. Is it just the contribution based or does it include income based aswell??

Mandie x
xMandiex
UKFM Member

Postby fionarodriguez » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:31 pm

Hiiya mandie.

I was told this by my pathways worker. He is the guy who you have to see so mmany times a year. I was told this because i have been on esa for a year since last april so only had a year left which means it ends this april. You may have a year on it from now. Like i said im appealing to get put on the support side of esa then you wont have nothing to worry about.
fionarodriguez
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:04 pm

I've not been able to find out anything about all ESA/WRAG stopping in April 2012 for all claimants.

However, I do know that as part of the Welfare Reform Bill, the Government are trying to introduce a 12 months maximum for those in the ESA WRA Group, regardless of the claimant being fit to go back to work or not (they seem to think everyone will have a miraculous recovery). Anyone who receives a decision letter stating they'll be put into the WRA Group will find that it state the length of time in which the DWP deem they'll be fit for work and the maximum length of time they'll give will be 12 months. So, if you get a letter and it says fit to return to work in 3 months then that's how long you'll be on it & I believe after that you need to be back in work or claiming JSA.
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby carolj » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:20 pm

thanks for replying fiona ,i havnt had a letter from them telling me yet how long im in group for or any details. but i have had letter telling me how much mine is going up to in april. i have come from ib to wrag.
carolj
UKFM Member

Postby xMandiex » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:22 pm

Ohhh I see lol :goodluck1: with your appeal, hope you get the right result :fingerscrossed: x
xMandiex
UKFM Member

Postby BlueBerry » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:49 pm

the wrag group for a year still been talk about with welfare reform bill last time I read it was going be 2 years not one cause it was turn down when it went to lords .

guess we got wait and see what govement does next about that time will tell seem lot things were defeet in the bill but the govement is try claw back some the stuff guess they need to let go stop put us all down who in wrag group I just been in it a couple of weeks and now been place in work program , which I am not happen about but my adviser is great xD I post be on that for 2 years so I guess it not one year god who knows I wish they make there mind up lol :crazy:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby xMandiex » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:36 am

Hi BlueBerry,

Sorry if I sound dumb, but what is the work program? lol x
xMandiex
UKFM Member

Postby BlueBerry » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:58 pm

xMandiex wrote:Hi BlueBerry,

Sorry if I sound dumb, but what is the work program? lol x

heh np well here a post about my time on this crazy thing you can read it here http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12448

basic the jobcentre is get all there work move on to private companys the govement is try to save a bit money :crazy: and it post be 2 year I get advisor who work at the joblink in my area and take it for a private company it basic to see how ill you are and if in the furute you can work.

basic there rule they have you can not be made to work, take work or get treament for your illness now I glad this true because I am get two sugrys and going be pretty much put it lol nice advisor gave me time get one these done she be contact me end March.

oh also people on JSA got do this too but they get made to work on placement sheme now they try do this for disable who also in wrag group but I have not been told yet and I be put my foot down say are you bloody joken me what try do put me back in hostpial :crazy: :crazy: my advisor nice i doudt she do that but I hope that clear that up anyone else out there can let you know better i not that
good writer heh dislexer and fm fog :roll:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Postby xMandiex » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Thanks for your reply BlueBerry :-) don't worry - i understood it :-D x
xMandiex
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits